NIKOAJ || two lovers intertwined

Start from the beginning

But AJ had to calm them down, brought up games to play and even called Kenny so the chat would ignore the rather odd darkness of his room. That idiot Kenny of course didn't answer, so AJ called him again. The chats had started to change to laughter and how ridiculous it was that Kenny's ignoring AJ. While his phone was still ringing, he ignored the chats that asked him to turn on the lights and answered some random questions.

When Kenny didn't answer again, AJ gave up and just set up FIFA for him to play.

The chat started to calm down now, more people watching means more varieties of people, more likely for one of them to start a ridiculous message and the whole chat will start a chain on it. AJ let out a breath he didn't know he was holding and started to lean in on his chair, happy that the stream didn't bother to tell him to turn on the lights.

While AJ was playing FIFA and relaxing, answering and replying to the chat from time to time, Kenny called him and thank God AJ's phone was silent because he really didn't want to wake up Niko. The urge to just look back to see Niko, because it's not always that Niko's the one sleeping and AJ awake, it's usually the other way around and AJ always wished he would be more of a morning person so he could see Niko's sleeping face. It's always so peaceful, and AJ always loved seeing the sun rise but he never really felt like the sun had risen if he didn't see Niko first thing in the morning.

AJ wanted to see Niko, it's only been a few minutes but he already missed the warmth of the taller man and the way Niko's long arms would wrap him up, his large hands on his back. He wants to go back to bed and sleep beside him, but looking back will surely spark curiosity on his fans and his fans wouldn't think twice on commenting on whatever they see suspicious or had lighten up an interest.

So he didn't. It's hard not to, but it's tolerable.

He answered Kenny's call, and the man asked him to be put on speaker. AJ did what was told but told him to be quiet and lowered his phone volume, put his phone speaker close to his mic so the chat could hear Kenny.

"Yo- I just started streaming right now and saw you- why the hell are you in the dark bro? You look like that guy from Smurf!"

"Who- Gargamel?" AJ saw one of the chats saying the name and said it. A confused look on his face.

"Yeah! Turn on the lights man, your fans can't even see you bro."

"Mind your own business you twat-" AJ insulted him, and proceeded to try to let this conversation go a different direction by asking him about games they will be playing. Of course, Kenny would be the one to ruin the peace.

AJ didn't notice that the bed was already empty, though because Kenny's voice, even when the volume is lowered, it is still considered loud because it's Kenny and that man can't shut up or stay quiet to save a life. The loudness of Kenny probably woke the taller man up.

Niko, half asleep and eyes barely open noticed the absence of AJ besides him and with a mind of literally nothing, walked to a noise he's sure is AJ even though he can't even see except for the bright light coming from what Niko assumed, and correctly, was AJ's computer but he didn't give it much thought. AJ loves video games after all, and they're all YouTubers so it's quite common to wake up at a random time and the first thing you do is turn on the computer. because it's AJ and there needs to be no explanation on it. It's AJ. And that's enough for him.

Niko walked to his side and AJ didn't even notice because his headphones are blaring and Kenny is just noisy from their shared stream and all of a sudden, he felt a familiar embrace.

Niko kissed his cheek and AJ had his eyes wide, thank God the light was out and possibly the people watching couldn't see. As long as Niko doesn't speak because obviously, because they would recognise his voice in an instant and it's like the world just gave him a middle finger because Niko said –and he couldn't control the volume of his voice because he literally just woke up– he continued to nearly kiss his lips as he pulled AJ closer to his face, hands on AJ's chin, "what're you doing up, babe?" Niko whispered, voice laced with sleep and it made his voice deeper somehow.