Chapter 5: Secret is out

Midnight is sleeping at home, then she heard someone storming in, ripping the covers off her.

"Jesus, Harrington! What if I was naked?!" She groans.

"Well, you weren't." Steve snaps back.

"What if I was?"

"That's not the problem right now, get downstairs." He says she walks downstairs. Midnight rolls out of bed and went to the basement, everyone looking at her in disappointment, disbelief and anger.

"What's going on?"

"You're a goddamn traitor is what." Steve says. Nancy and Robin pull him back.

"Calm down.." Nancy says.

"Why are you working with Jason?" Dustin asked, looking at her. Her eyes widened. She didn't know why she was shocked, she didn't keep it a secret.

"I mean, do you not remember all the shit he put you through?!" Dustin chimed in.

"Okay, how did you guys even know?!" Midnight says.

"Eddie told us this morning, you were at Reefer Rick's house with Jason and his friends and you were chasing him down!" Dustin exclaimed

"Why are you going along with what Jason says, he's crazy." Steve crosses his arms and looks at her.

"What?" She looks at Steve, she was ready to tear into them. "He's not crazy."

"You don't know that! Hes literally gunning for Eddie! You know he's innocent too!" Robin exclaims.

Everyone started talking at once and midnight had enough and she hits her hands on the table screaming okay. "Okay! Okay! Okay! Everyone just shut up, please and let me explain myself!"

They all look at her, crossing their arms, or have disapproving looks on their faces.

"You have to view this from Jason's perspective.. he lost his girlfriend and his best friend died right in front of him. And wanna know who was there with us when Patrick died? Eddie. Wanna know who was last seen with Chrissy. Eddie Munson. Eddie was gone as soon as Patrick died. You guys say he's innocent, but he hasn't come forward. No one's the bad guy here. Not Eddie, not Jason, not his followers. It's Vecna, it's always been Vecna."

Everyone stays quiet.

"Okay.. what if Jason gets a hold of Eddie? Then what?! 'Oh, please Jason.. don't kill him, for me?..' " Robin mocked Midnight's voice.

"Shut up! You say things like that but you can't even freak out without Vickie being nice, newsflash Robin: just because Vickie is nice to you, doesn't mean you're special."

"Hey! Don't talk to her like that." Steve says.

"Cmon.. we got better things to do. Max nearly DIED, midnight, don't you care?!"

"I do, but-"

"Let's just go. We're clearly wasting time, Max can and will die again." Lucas says and everyone leaves, leaving midnight there alone.

She can't help but feel regret of helping Jason.. but she's gone so far and things between them have a been great, she doesn't want to ruin it..