Chapter 2: The hunt begins

March 23rd, 1986. Chrissy's funeral

Midnight was tearing up, hearing what people had to say about Chrissy. Midnight looks over and sees Jason, it was a weird but emotional thing to see Jason sad. Midnight didn't stay around to see Chrissy's casket be lowered and bury.

Midnight's home, Hawkins Indianapolis

Midnight goes home and opens the door. Her parents look at her with a soft gaze.

"Oh, honey.. we're so sorry to hear about Chrissy.. we know you two were close." Her mother said walking up to her.

"Thank you.." She wiping tears.

"Listen.. we can cancel, but can you watch Holly for a few hours? We're just gonna out to eat with Chrissy's family tonight." Her mom said.

"No, that's fine.. I'll watch her." She said nodding.

Her mom and dad hug her. They thank her, kiss her cheek and leave. Midnight gets changed, and she watches TV with her sister. A couple hours later, there was knock on her door. She gets up and opens the door to see.. Jason?!

"Jason, what are you doing here?" She asked.

"Midnight, can I come in..?" He said shaking. His eyes were red and there we bags under his eyes, like he had been crying and haven't got any sleep. She steps aside and lets him in. As he stumbles in, he falls in her arms and starts crying.

"J-Jason..?" She was taken aback by his sudden embrace.

"Chrissy's gone.. and it's all Eddie's fault."

This also shocked Midnight. Her ex k!lled his girlfriend? No way..

"But..-"

"Please.. I know we had our arguments and fights, I need you to help me.. please."

Midnight looks down, then back at him. "O-okay, Jason, I will.."

"Thank you.. you don't know how much that means to me." She hugs her tighter before eventually leaving. She closes the door and sits on the couch, her younger sister looking at her.

"Middy, you okay?" Her sister asked. She gives her a thumbs up, but doesn't talk after that.

She couldn't believe that someone she hated to no end, wanted her to help him.. it was weird. She also knew one thing, Eddie was weird, but he would never harm a fly.

The next morning, midnight wakes up and her sister calls her down. "Hey midnight! Dustin and max are here!" Dustin and Max? Mike's friends? Why were they there?

She gets dressed and walks downstairs. "Max? Dustin? What's going on?" She had to play dumb, she knew what this was about.

"Look, Eddie is in trouble! People think Eddie killed Chrissy, but he didn't! It was some evil force.. we need all the help we can get so we can protect Eddie and save the world again."

Midnight eyes widened. She wanted to save the world, but had no idea how to tell them that she was teaming up with Jason so they can catch Eddie.