Chapter 3: Protection

It has been a few hours since midnight decided to help the gang hide and protect Eddie, but also agree to Jason to search for Eddie. Everything was bothering her at once, she felt so guilty. She helping two guys who hated her. But did Jason hate her? He didn't insult her for the whole time they worked together, short time, but still.

   She decided to read one of her books in her room before the gang came back to get her to check on Eddie. After a few chapters in her book, she heard her walkie.

"Wheeler! WHEELER!" She heard Eddie's voice. She hesitated before picking up. "What's going on, Eds?" She asked. "Midnight! I was hoping someone else would pick up, but you're my only option right now. Listen, Jason and his goons are here, and I think they're looking for me." He says. "Oh really. That's strange, it's not like you're accused of murdering his girlfriend and even though you say you're innocent, you're hiding, so that's weird." She said sarcastically.

"Do you think NOW is the time for sass?!"

"No, sorry. What do you want me to do?"

"I want you to come down here and try to stall them while I escape!"

"What?! Dude, no, that's not-"

Before she could finish her sentence, he turns off the walkie.

"..happening.." She rolls her eyes and puts her walkie and book down, and gets in her car. She drives down to lover's lake. She sees Jason and his friends and her heart beats so fast. She gets out of her car. She sees a house and the door was open. She runs in and looks around. Her self tour was cut short as a basketball player and one to Jason's friends, Andy, pushes her against a wall, pulling out a pipe.
"Guys..! Guys, I found someone! You may know her."

Then another one of the basketball player and Jason's friend, Patrick and Jason himself sees this and Jason speaks up.

"Wait, stop! She's with us!" He stands in front of midnight.

"Oh yeah, I forgot her and Eddie were dating.. but they broke up." Patrick adds.

Andy pulls away and walks back.

"What are you doing here? How'd you know we were gonna be here?" Jason asked.

"U-umm.." she tried to talk but Jason interrupted.

"Doesn't matter, we're just happy you're here." He says.

"Oh yeah, I nearly got my head bashed in with a pipe, I'm psyched to be here."

The three guys look at her with a stern look.

"Sorry, bad habit.."

The four of them then started to look around, looking for Eddie, it's been hours.

"Dude, we've looked everywhere, he isn't here!" Andy exclaimed

"Shut up, and keep looking!" Jason shouts back.

Jason then noticed something.. Eddie on boat, about to row away.

"Holy.. Guys.. GUYS! HES ON THE BOAT, LETS GO!" Everyone was running. But midnight hesitated before she followed them. Jason started to take his shoes and shirt off, leaving him in a t-shirt and his pants. Patrick did the same and they both get in the water. "Midnight, cmon!" Jason calls out. She then did the same as Jason and Patrick and jumps in the water and they swim out, Jason got to the boat, midnight was behind Jason then looked back at Patrick.

"Patrick?.. you okay?" She noticed Patrick stopped swimming. "Patrick!" "Patrick, cmon man, we almost have him!" Jason turns around. Midnight saw his eyes rolled back and shook him. "Patrick, wake up! Please, wake up!" She then noticed slowly Patrick started rising and she moved back. He then rose quickly. Leaving midnight, jason and Eddie shocked. His bones started cracking then a squish a heard, he then fell in water.

"PATRICK!!" She yelled.

Jason looked back and saw Eddie gone. He quickly swims to midnight holding her, in a protective manner. "That didn't.. he's not.." Jason tried to talk but it didn't happen. Andy then came on a boat and helped them into the boat, Jason was in shock at his friend's dead body, still holding midnight.