Chapter 4: Apologizes and Protection

Midnight was holding Jason while he was being questioned by the police. Jason, was saying things like "No, you're not listening to me.. why aren't you listening?"

After they shared concerned looks and stuff like that, the cops leave, leaving Jason, midnight and Andy there. Andy walks to Jason's car to wait for them.
Jason looks at midnight. "Midnight.. I know this sounds crazy.. but.."

"It doesn't sound crazy, I believe you."

"Don't bullshit me, Mid."

"I'm not, I believe you."

Jason knew she was actually telling the truth. They then leave and midnight gets dropped off at her house. Thankfully her parents or older sister wasn't home. She then gets ready for bed and goes to sleep, because her and Jason were gonna do some more looking in the woods.

The next morning, midnight was walking through the woods with Jason, this was an opportunity for midnight to get to the bottom on why Jason hates her.

"Hey Jason.. listen I wanna ask, why do you hate me?"

Jason stays silent then sighs.

"I honestly kinda was jealous of you."

She was taken aback by this. The popular basketball team captain, who everybody loved and was dating the top cheerleader was jealous of her?

"It's shocking, yeah.. but you're really smart, you do very tiring things but you don't complain about it and you have two siblings who look up to you. No trophy can compete with that."

She smiles.

"That's so sweet, Jason.. thank you."

"I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm sorry."

"I forgive you.." She smiles.

He smiles back and they heard something, causing Jason to look back. "What was that?!" He exclaimed.

"You go that way, I'll go this way." He nods and they go in there separate ways.

Midnight was walking and then she tripped over a twig and fell down a ditch. Jason heard her scream.

"Midnight!!" He runs down the hole and saw her scratched up. "Oh no.. midnight.. hey, you okay..?"

"Jason..?"

"Don't say anything, cmon, I'm taking you home we are not doing anymore searching today."

He picks her up and walks her to his car.