"this is a telephoto, and we needed to get a long-distance image, and, and then we fell and it broke so the videos were basically unusable but.. but we were there, and we were with-"

"so the dog ate your homework?" Shoupe stopped him, "look i don't know what you kids expect me to do with this, you drag me out here in the middle of the night for a whole lot of nothing except for some crazy stories about how Ward Cameron's on a killing spree."

"we're not making this up, shoupe!" JJ snapped at him, the old man thinking they were just telling lies and nothing was true.

"it's not a random killing spree!" Pope told him, "Gavin was his pilot, okay? he was paying hush money because he was on the tarmac that day."

"Gavin was blackmailing Ward because he had the gun that Rafe used to kill Peterkin," Bambi began, the blonde nodding beside her.

"and then he called him here and tried to pay her off but it wasn't enough so he shot him, with the murder weapon." JJ finished off the story for her.

Shoupe looked at them in disbelief, they knew too much information about it, "how do you know that?"

"Pope did this thing with his phone and he put it in his car and-"

"i heard their whole conversation." Pope put simply, shoupe scoffing at them.

"you wiretapped them?" he asked, making them stop and think for a second.

"is that bad?"

"no, no, just stop, just stop." Shoupe put his hands out slightly, "i've had enough."

he began walking away and Bambi sighed, running a hand through her hair. no matter what they tried to do, the man just didn't listen.

"what?" JJ scoffed, his anger rising, "are you just going to look the other way, again?"

"you ever heard of the boy that cried wolf?" Shoupe retaliated as he began walking down the stairs, the pogues following.

Bambi was right behind him, she had to do this for her brother so no matter how much convincing and effort it took, she was going to prove that he was innocent.

"why would we make this up?" she asked, holding the railings as she walked down the stairs, "why do you never listen to us?"

he walked out of the building, the other cops standing outside of their cars and looking at him, "all right, there's nothing up there. false alarm."

"no, no, please don't go home, why would we make this up?" Kiara tried to stop them but they followed Shoupe's orders, getting in the car.

"why can't you just do your fucking job for once, you always take Ward's side and it's pissing me off." Bambi snapped, throwing her hands up.

Shoupe turned around, finally facing the four, "hey, i know, i know your upset and i know you think your brother was innocent but you weren't there. the only actual witnesses who are above ground say the exact opposite, all right?"

"that's the thing though, shoupe." Bambi crossed her arms, "i was there but again, you always take Ward's side just because he has money!"