After drinking the hot porridge, my stomach felt warm, and I felt less uncomfortable.

After breakfast, Qingyan finished clearing the dishes and opened the door to Blacksmith Wang's house. He vaguely smelled a bitter aroma. When he walked in and smelled it carefully, the familiar smell seemed to be gone.

Qingyan shook her head, feeling that she had drunk too much wine, which affected her sense of smell. Without thinking more, she went to the table to practice calligraphy.

In the next few days, Qingyan discovered that something was wrong with the person beside her.

When Qingyan rolled over at night and accidentally bumped into each other, he found that Qiu Henian's body temperature was extremely high and he was sweating all the time. And unlike before, he basically kept the same sleeping position when he lay down. Instead, he turned over frequently, frowned, and slept uneasily.

During the day, Qingyan noticed that his face was not pretty, and there were obvious dark circles under his eyes. He asked the other party if he was feeling uncomfortable, but Qiu Henian said that it was just that there was a lot of work in the shop recently, and he would be fine after he was busy.

But what made Qingyan feel that something was wrong the most was that the bitter smell on Qiu Henian's body was so strong that he could not ignore it. It was fine during the day and could not be smelled much. After falling asleep at night, Qiu Henian's temples became wet with sweat. , Qingyan can clearly smell the strong bitter fragrance.

He was sure that it was the taste of Chinese herbal medicine.

But this time he didn't ask directly. He still remembered the answer the other party gave him when he smelled this smell for the first time. Asking again might not yield results.

Two days later, Qingyan took advantage of Qiu Henian to go to town to buy materials and went to the shop.

The day after he returned from the shop, he took a ride on Liu Fa's oxcart and went to the next village.

After coming back, Qingyan didn't want to delay at all. When the rice was ready and heated in a pot, he sat at the dining table in the outer room and waited.

Qiu Henian was always keen. After entering the door, he looked at him, changed out of his robe, washed his hands, and sat next to him without asking anything.

Qingyan didn't look at him and said straight to the point: "I took the dregs of medicine you boiled in the shop to show to the doctor in the neighboring village."

Qiu Henian's hand on the table moved slightly. Qingyan didn't wait for his response and continued directly: "He prescribed both prescriptions for you. You haven't known the effect after taking the first prescription for a while. Ask him to prescribe you a second dose."

Qiu Henian's lips moved, and finally he said "hmm".

Qingyan closed her eyes and held back the emotions that were about to explode in her heart, "He originally didn't agree to change it for you, so why did you have to let him prescribe you a second dose of medicine at that time?"

Qiu Henian's eyelids fell asleep, looking at the empty table, "Because I'm impatient."

"What's the rush?" Qingyan's voice was trying its best to stay calm.

Qiu Henian did not respond this time and fell silent.

Qingyan's hands on his knees gradually tightened, "The first medicine is slow-acting and weak. The second medicine is quick-acting but strong. Taking too much will damage the roots." His voice gradually trembled, "Even Affects lifespan."

"Have the doctor made it clear to you then?" Qingyan turned to look at the people around her, her eyes already red.

Qiu Henian nodded, "Yes."

After hearing the other party's answer, Qingyan felt sour in her heart.

He clearly remembered what the doctor said to him.

Qiu Henian went to the old man for traditional Chinese medicine, but the man didn't find out what was wrong with him. This old doctor used to open a medical clinic in the county town. He came back to the village when he couldn't do it anymore. His medical skills were well-known in the local area, but he couldn't find out, and the other doctors couldn't do anything about it.

But the problem still had to be solved. After hearing about Qiu Henian's illness, the old doctor gave him a medicine that treated the symptoms but not the root cause. After a year and a half, after clearing his mind and calming down the fire, he might be able to recover. There will be improvements.

But Qiu Henian went there again later and asked the old doctor to change him to a medicine that would be more effective. The doctor advised him that this second medicine was extremely harmful and that taking too much might damage the fundamentals of the body, but he still took the medicine. Fang took the medicine for several days, but because the medicine was too powerful, Qingyan discovered it.

Thinking of this, Qingyan also nodded and said, "I'll tell you what you're worried about. You're worried that I'm interested in your body. You're worried that what I'm obsessed with when I'm young is all that. You're worried that I won't be able to bear it for a long time. He will run away one day, right?"

Qiu Henian clenched his fingers and responded simply, "Yes."

Qingyan could no longer hold back and burst into tears, "I said I liked you, but you don't believe me?"

Qiu Henian lowered his eyes and shook his head, "I'm not worthy."

With a bang, the stool fell to the ground when Qing Yan stood up. Qiu Henian also stood up, and the two faced each other.

Qingyan choked and said, "I didn't blame you for causing me so much pain. I just like you and want to be close to you. Even if I don't do that for the rest of my life, I don't want you to get hurt even a little bit for this." Body."

Qiu Henian raised his drooped eyelids and looked at him with hot and depressing eyes, "But I want to."

"What?" Qingyan didn't understand what he meant and looked up at him with misty eyes.

Qiu Henian took a step closer to him, without touching him at all. He only covered his whole body with his gaze, which was like substance, touching his skin inch by inch.

His Adam's apple slid, his voice deepened, and he said, "I think about it every night."

Qingyan stared at him blankly. Slowly, her cheeks turned red. He turned away quickly, his voice almost stuck in his throat, "That won't hurt you. There are always other ways."

Qiu Henian shook his head, "You forgot what happened in the shop that day, and I almost killed you."

Qingyan turned back and glanced at him quickly, then turned away and whispered, "I haven't forgotten, I just pretended to have forgotten."

With a clearly shocked expression on his face, Qiu Henian looked at Qingyan and heard him say, "I don't want you to feel burdened when you get along with me."

Qiu Henian stared at Qingyan for a while, but Qingyan raised his sleeves to wipe his face and just said: "We are all hungry, let's eat."

For dinner, I braised a fish, cooked pork with potatoes, and made frozen tofu and kelp soup.