Chapter 23: Freedom

Erika p

Erika p.o.v

"Are you lost, baby girl?" a deep and raspy male voice asked me from behind, and I felt my soul leave my body in an instant.

I turned around to see only darkness. He took a step forward from a dark corner and came to a halt beneath a lamp hanging on the wall. He wore a maroon-colored red satin robe. He leaned over the wall casually, folding his arms. He smiled warmly, and his eyes were kind.

I knew him; he was Ry's crush. Nonetheless, my mind went blank for a moment. I could not figure out his name. Because I only see him once during the broadcast on LED in the dining area.

"No, I am just finding my way out," I said calmly, trying hard not to show my nervousness.

"Out of my suite, huh? Interesting. Anyway, my name is Alexis, Ms Carter. "I believe it is an attempt at escape," he said, offering his hand. I was glued to the spot, stunned that he knew me.

However, I accepted his hand, greeted him, and smiled sheepishly while clutching my bag's strap for dear life.

Is he going to kill me?

The thought alone made me break out in a cold sweat.

"Does Master let you leave the training centre?" He inquired further, and his expression twisted with confusion. This man knew everything about me. My feet felt as heavy as rocks, and I was dying inside from fear. My stomach churned with worry.

"Let me ask him," he said, pulling out a phone from his robe's pocket. He dialed a number and waited for the other party to answer the phone. Meanwhile, I was sweating and fidgeting with the hem of my dress.

"Yes, Alexis," the line connected and a heavy voice could be heard on the other end. My fear was at its peak at the moment. I knelt on the ground and rubbed my hand in a begging posture. I gestured for him not to tell Mr King anything.

He gave me a hollow smile before stepping outside to the balcony side. When he opened the balcony door, all I heard was the sound of waves. He motioned for me to stand up and sat on a nearby couch through the glass door.

I did as he suggested, but my heart was still racing with nervousness. I struggled to control my trembling legs as I buried my head in them. A few seconds later, he returned to my side.

"Hahaha, you look cute like this," I lifted my head as I heard him chuckle, and my cheeks heated up at his compliment. He seemed cheerful and playful, but I was perplexed.

"Congratulations! "Ms. Carter, Master grant your freedom," he continued, and I could not believe what I was hearing. I narrowed my eyes and stared at him suspiciously.

"H-how is that possible?" I stammered in shock, but I could not bring myself to believe him. His statement made no sense to me. How could Mr. King let me go like this? I was speechless.