Chapter 30: If We Get No Revolution

Wilbur POV

"I will ask you one last time when we get - when we get to the L'Manberg. Preferably in front of everybody. All of the traitors." Dream states, walking towards L'Manburg at an extremely quick pace. I get mad. "Traitors? Traitors? Revolutionaries, Dream. You can call us whatever you want with your - with your flicking tongue. But it means nothing." I say in disgust, and he just laughs in my face, the bastard. "Who do you think you are?" I shout, as he continues to laugh. He stops, and looks at me with murder in his eyes. "I am powerful." he says, hand on the hilt of his axe. A warning. I scoff at his silent threat. Y/N has done much worse. "Oh, yeah, go on. Why don't you show us how powerful you are, then, look - Bring them in"

Y/N POV

Everyone's pacing, including me, worried about whatever happens between Wilbur and Dream. The two have been gone for a while, and we have no idea what's happening. I had to stop Tommy multiple times from going over there, because, as much as Tommy wants to help, he'll just make everything 10x worse. Especially with how much Dream hates him. "Wilbur?" Tubbo asks, and I turn towards the wall to see Dream, and Wilbur, coming towards the L'Manburg walls, Sapnap and George following close behind. Wilbur walks into L'Manburg, eyes almost bleak, avoiding everyone's eyes. "Wilbur, what's going on?" I ask, worried. He doesn't meet my eyes. He's silent, for an entire minute, until suddenly, he speaks, addressing all of us in the group. "Listen. Dream's given us an ultimatum. And I want you guys to resound with me, our answer. He has said that if we do not rescind our ownership of this land, then..." Wilbur trails off, looking at Dream, who places a piece of TNT on the ground. This gives me severe déjà vu from when I first joined L'Manburg, and almost did the exact same thing. "I will light this piece of TNT if you guys don't" Dream says, looking at all of us in the eyes, one at a time, before looking at me. Something is happening... "He said he'll light this piece of TNT if we don't rescind!" Wilbur mocks. "Um, Wilbur..." I say, but he flat out ignores me. "Now, gentlemen! I want you to stand alongside here, gentlemen. Independence or death! If we get no revolution, then we want nothing. We would rather die than give into you and join your SMP, Dream. You can blow up one piece of TNT in our door all you want. It means nothing to us." Wilbur shouts, and all of the others cheer. I think about last time. There was more, which probably means this time... "Wil!" I yell, and he turns to me. But before he can respond, Dream talks. "Is that your final answer?" Dream asks, and Wilbur nods. Dream shrugs before running off with his group, shooting an arrow to light the TNT on his way out. "Get back, get back. Don't let this hurt you, guys. Don't let this piece of TNT hurt you." Wilbur says, and I run and dive in the lake. I know what's going to happen. The same thing that he was trying to do last time. There's more of it. "WAIT, WHAT" Wilbur screams, as more TNT started blowing up from below them. Fundy, Tommy, Tubbo, and Wilbur dive into the lake beside me, and we all get pushed towards the now partly-demolished camarvan. "Follow me!" Tommy yells over the sound of explosions, and he leads us to an underground bunker. They practically pulled me in there because I couldn't see Niki, or Jack, anywhere. We all slowly catch our breath, shaking, ears ringing from all the explosions, I don't see us coming back from this. "Wilbur, this is the point where you pull out the sly last move. Please." Fundy begs, and Wilbur shakes his head in defeat. "There is no sly last move. We have such a lower opportunity here that we probably just need to accept the conditions of surrender, just so we can save any more bloodshed, any more destruction on our land, right? They've- They've trapped our land they've set up bombs. They've destroyed all our homes... To stop any more bloodshed, I feel I would be a bad general if I didn't- If I didn't look for conditions of surrender." Wilbur said, giving up. We all stood solemnly in silence, as he turned to Tommy. "TommyInnit, I want you to come with me to meet with Dream and talk with him." Wilbur ordered, and Tommy stood up straighter and nodded. "And I want you to make sure that you don't run your mouth, TommyInnit. No challenging Dream on his honour. None of that, okay?" Wilbur asked. "Okay" Tommy said, proud to be the one Wilbur wants by his side to talk to Dream. "Gentlemen, it has been an honour." Tommy said, and Wilbur nods. We all leave the bunker, and I pull Wilbur to the side. "Wilbur, I want to wish you luck. And in case anything happens, I want to give you this" I say, pulling out two necklaces, with a compass on them. I give one to him, and put one on my neck. "What are these?" Wilbur asks, and I smile. They are programmed to point to the other necklace, so we can always find each other. It's a gift." I say, slightly blushing. Wilbur starts smiling too, and leans in. We kiss, a kiss worth a thousand words, everything we can say, and everything we can't. It's amazing... until its ruined by a child, screaming "EWWWWWW WHAT THE FUCK" at the top of his lungs. We leave the kiss, and stand there, smiling. "Good luck, Wil" I finally say, stepping back. Wilbur smiles. "See you when I come back" he says, before walking off to meet Tommy, and negotiate with Dream, our surrender.

A/N: Hello Everyone! Another Update, yay. My finals are happening, but I wanted to surprise y'all with this chapter. I'm currently sad because of the next few chapters. It's going to be... interesting... Anyway, if you have any suggestions/other things you want in the story, comment, and I'll try to incorporate it into the story. Stay safe, drink lots of water, eat, and remember we care about you <3. Thank you so much for reading, and I can't wait to see you in the next chapter!

Word Count: 1094 words :)