Chapter 22

At mahal wag kang mag-alala
Dahil ano man ang sabihin nila
Kahit hindi mo sabihin at hilingin
Ikaw ay patuloy kong pipiliin

Aria

Andito ako ngayon sa harap ng kwarto ni Allison. Maghapon daw hindi lumalabas sabi ng mga kateam nya. Huminga ako ng malalim bago kumatok.

"Babe it's me. Can you open the door for me please?"

No response

"Hindi ka din sumasagot sa mga calls at messages ko. Can we talk please?"

Hays.

"Dito lang ako Baby, intayin ko na buksan mo yung pinto ha?"

Umupo ako sa sahig at sumandal sa wall. I stared on the wall infront of me as I wait.

"Do you want me to sing a song for you? You know I have this one song in mind, it's one of my favorite song from Taylor Swift."

I cleared my throat a little and began to sing softly.

Elevator buttons and morning air
Strangers' silence makes me want to take the stairs
If you were here, we'd laugh about their vacant stares
But right now, my time is theirs
Seems like there's always someone who disapproves
They'll judge it like they know about me and you
And the verdict comes from those with nothing else to do
The jury's out, but my choice is you
So don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard
The stakes are high, the water's rough
But this love is ours

"I know you've been overthinking about your career as well as mine. I just wanted you to know na, I really don't care kung ano pa sasabihin ng ibang tao about us. What matters to me the most is you. You know that we don't need their approval because the moment na naging girlfriend mo ko is the day na I'm ready to risk it all for you."

I smiled as I remembered how we became girlfriends.

"Kaya wag ka na magmukmok dyan. Di mo ba ko namiss? Ako kasi miss ko na yung hug mo."

I heard a small creak from the door of her room kaya agad akong tumayo sa harap nito. Agad nya kong niyakap ng mahigpit. Di ko man siya tignan ay alam ko na umiiyak sya ngayon. I return the hug as I let her cry her heart out.

We stayed like that for a while until her sobs subsided.

"Do you want to take a walk outside?"

She nodded kaya kinuha ko na yung jacket at cap nya para isuot sakanya. I took her hand and intertwined it with mine.

I took her to a nearby park, wala na din namang masyadong tao dahil 2am na. Umupo kami sa swing as the comfortable silence enveloped us.

"I'm sorry."

She whispered but enough for me to hear.

"For?"

"For messing up our careers. Never kang naissue, tapos ngayon biglang ganito."

Her voice is hoarse due to excessive crying. Ang puffy at red na rin ng eyes nya.

"Sus. Eh ano naman kung maissue ako sayo. Choosy pa ba ko? Eh ikaw na yan. The prodigy "Iris of Phoenix", idol ng lahat at crush ng bayan sa MLBB."