Orlando Furioso

(Text) = Authors Note

"Text" = Speaking

'Text' = Speaking with Oracle

'Text' = Thinking

*Text* = Sound Effect

The City, District 9 Backstreets...

3rd Person POV

It has been a year since the Blood-red Night incident and Roland and Angelica had made a name for themselves after the disbandment of Charles's Office with Roland taking on several Urban Plague level requests all by himself while doing deals with other Fixers and Offices with a notable one being him tricking a Fixer named Pluto to smuggle Enkephalin to O Corp trying to earn enough money to migrate into a Nest after his promise of Nest immigration was rejected by both K and I Corp after the end of the Smoke Wars, and Angelica being promoted to a Colour Fixer the two of them decided to get married, and they moved into District 9s Backstreets with Angelica getting pregnant and Roland semi-retiring from Fixer work all seemed well until...

Roland: "You really need me on this one?"

Roland: "Uh huh, Okay..."

Angelica: "Who were you talking to, Roland?"

Roland: "It's Olivier, he needs me to go help out with a request in District 25."

Angelica: "That's a cold District, so you should go help him. I don't want you to lose one of your only friends."

Roland: "Thanks a lot. I'll make sure to come back as fast as possible."

Angelica: "Oh! And that's where we ate that tasty pajeon back then, could you buy some for me on the way back?"

Roland: "Of course, princess."

He then got prepared and headed out to District 25 to meet with his old friend as he said goodbye to his wife one last time before he departed, not knowing that it would be the last conversation they ever had.

As he arrived at District 25, he met up with Olivier with him informing Roland about the request they had taken on with it being to investigate some kind of tree near the outskirts of the District with the duo getting on the task with them trekking to the location, killing all those who oppose them on the way with most of the unfortunate victims being humanoids with many eyes and wings wielding flaming swords and spears that were fanatically guarding the tree.

With the duo reaching the tree, they have slain the last of the humanoids and inspected the tree, revealing it to be a regular fig tree with a singular fig growing on it. Although the tree itself isn't irregular, the fact that multiple anomalous humanoids are protecting it with their lives and the fact that vegetation cannot grow naturally near the Outskirts.

Roland then picked the fig off the tree and kept it for himself with Olivier's approval as it was just a regular fig, although he would need to report the humanoids to the Hana Association as their strength is equivalent to that of augmented Grade-1 fixers, and they wield weaponry that are higher quality than the best Workshops. As he opened his phone to inform his superiors, he sees something on the news that District 9 was in peril and that the wife of his best friend was there. 

He then informed Roland about the situation, with his best friend leaving quickly with him travelling back towards his home, hoping that whatever happened to the District wouldn't affect his wife and his unborn child. It took an hour before he reached the District, as he reached the District he saw row upon rows of pianos made with the corpses of humans fused upon it with music being played from where he assumed the pianist was with the music proliferating his body and compelling him to become one with the pianos, although he was able to resist the pull of the music as he rushed towards to where his house was.