The Silent Star Falls Upon Remnant

//A.N.// = Author's Note

"Text" = Speaking

'Text' = Thinking

*Text* = SFX

Third-Person POV

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roland: "So what you are saying is that you accidentally hurled a bolt of lighting." He asked the old man in a serious tone.

???: "Yes." The old man replies sheepishly.

Roland: "And that bolt accidentally struck and killed me." He asked the old man again as he rolled his eyes.

The old man then started shifting in his seat and fidgeting slightly in discomfort.

???: "Yes." Again, he replies sheepishly.

Roland: "And now I'm here."  He gestured at the white void surrounding them.

???: "Correct." The old man nodded as he answered.

Roland: "I don't know what's more shocking, the fact that God's real, or the fact that he accidentally killed me." He let out a sigh as he shrugged his shoulders.

God: "I wholeheartedly apologize for that young man." God replied, seemingly embarrassed.

Roland: "Don't sweat it, it's fine after all." He said as he leaned into the sofa harder. "I didn't have much to lose anyways after big sister died." He said with a sombre tone.

After that, Roland sat up straight on his sofa. Changing his posture to meet God directly in his face.

Roland: "So, what's gonna happen to me now?" He asked calmly.

God: "Well, young man, I am giving you three options." He said, his tone shifting to a more serious one. "One. Reincarnate back on Earth without your memories or personality." "Two. You ascend to and reside in heaven, although there isn't any modern technology in heaven." "Three. Reincarnate in with all your memories in another world." He said to the young man. Holding his hand together, waiting for the man's response.

The young man contemplated the choices that were offered to him. 'I sure as hell am not taking option one, I like being myself.' 'Option two seems nice at first glance, but not having modern technology would suck.' 'So the only option left is three.'

Roland: "I choose option three."

God: "Interesting choice, young man." He said with a chuckle. "I will send you to another world as you wished." He said, as unknown glyphs and symbols started to appear around him.

The young man braced himself for what's about to come. 'Wait, now that I think about it.' 'Isn't this like an Isekai?' He thought to himself. 'This makes no sense at all.' His rational mind tried to explain all of it in any way possible. 'Welp can't do anything about it now.' Accepting his fate, he closed his eyes - but then he heard the old man say something.

God: "Before I send you to the other world, I shall grant you any power you request as compensation for my mistake."

The young man heard that and thought. 'Power, any power I want?' 'Wait, if it's any power I want then.' 'I should wish for something that allows for infinite growth.' 'For starting too strong would be meaningless.' 'And besides, being able to limitlessly grow also means able to limitlessly adapt and that would greatly increase my chances of survival'