Chapter 7

Yellow POV

Yellow was half carrying, half running with Blue as they tried to escape the earthquake. As he tried to avoid the falling rocks, he didn't see the cliff ahead and fell into a river. Trying to swim against the current, he noticed that Blue was missing and tried calling out for him.

"Blue!" He yelled, "Where are you!"

He dived into the water and felt something floating beside him

Blue

He grabbed him and swam back to land. As he collapsed onto the ground, he noticed that Blue wasn't moving or breathing. He was completely still. Panicking, he started shaking Blue, trying to wake him up, but nothing happened.

"Please wake up, Blue," he whispered, "Don't die."

As he stood there frozen in fear, he suddenly noticed a bright light shining down. A white figure was walking towards them, a soft expression in her eyes. She bent down beside Blue and pulled out a bunch of herbs in her hand.

"W-what are you doing?" He stammered, "Don't hurt him."

The white figure looks back at him. Her gaze was so full of compassion that it surprised him and calmed him down. The white figure carefully crumbled up the herbs and put them into Blue's mouth. A couple of minutes later, Blue sat up coughing.

Yellow stared back at the white figure in shock.

How? Why?

The white figure gave them one last look before disappearing.

"What happened," Blue asked.

"A ghost...healed you," Yellow murmured.

"A ghost! Are you sure? That doesn't make any sense."

"No, it doesn't make sense!" Yellow snapped, overcome with emotions, " I don't understand why that ghost helped us! I don't understand how Second's powers work! I don't understand this stupid cave! I just don't understand anything at all! This world makes no sense!!"

He crouched down and covered his face with his knees. He heard Blue sit down beside him.

"What's wrong, Yellow?"

Yellow drew in a long, shaky breath and turned to face Blue.

"It just- when The Dark Lord killed us for the first time, I was terrified, and I didn't know what to do. Then Second somehow revived us, and that was great. But when The Dark Lord somehow returned and threatened to kill us again, I felt like I had to do everything in my power to make sure he didn't hurt us again. Because the thought of losing any of you- I-I couldn't bear it."

He buried his face into his arms.

"I'm scared, Blue," Yellow said, "I'm so scared, and I don't know what to do."

Yellow felt Blue leaned closer to him.

"It's ok to be scared," Blue said, "I'm scared too."

Yellow looked up at Blue, surprised

"Really? You didn't seem like it."

"Oh, I am. And to be honest, I haven't been able to breathe okay since the fire."

"Seriously! Why didn't you say anything?"

"I...didn't want you guys to be worried. We already had enough to deal with. I didn't want to add to that."

"But you still should have told us. I thought you were dying when you fell suddenly. "

"I felt like I was dying. I couldn't breathe at all."

"Sorry for the way I acted these past couple of weeks. I should have told you guys from the start."

"And I should have told you about my breathing problems."

Blue got up and grabbed Yellow's hand, pulling him up

"Come on. We need to find the others."

With renewed strength, they ran up the slope and started looking for the others.