Qingyan lowered his head. This matter was actually a disgrace to the other party. He felt a little guilty and uneasy, and his hands grabbed each other uneasily in front of him.

  A warm hand reached out and shook Qingyan's wrist. His voice was low and calm, "It's cold outside, come inside."

  After returning to the house, Qiu Henian asked Qing Yan to lie down in the house while he went out for a while. When he came back, after working in the kitchen for a while, he came in with a bowl of soup and water.

  Qingyan got up from the bed and took a look, and saw five or six fat glutinous rice balls in a big bowl.

  Qiu Henian put the big bowl on the table, put the porcelain spoon into the bowl, and said: "The old Chen's husband in the east of the village makes glutinous rice balls every year. I'll go and get a few. You can try them."

  He only ate glutinous rice balls on the fifteenth day of the first lunar month. Qingyan didn't understand why he ate glutinous rice balls for no reason, but he did not eat enough because of anxiety in the morning, so he sat down and ate slowly.

  He wanted to give Qiu Henian a taste, but the other party just shook his head and motioned for him to eat it himself.

  The dumplings were glutinous and filled with five-nut kernels. They were fragrant and sweet. Qingyan was very satisfied with them.

  After finishing the bowl of glutinous rice balls and drinking the soup warmly, when Qiu Henian took the empty bowl to wash, Qingyan looked at his back and suddenly realized that the other party should be silently comforting him.

  When Qingyan got married, she only had a broken sedan chair, and there wasn't even a player to play or sing.

  He had never even seen a dowry, even the robe he was wearing, and he was refused even the chance to return home this time. No matter how slow Qiu Henian was, he should have understood how important this new husband was at home. Not taken seriously, even treated harshly.

  What's more, far from being slow, he is very considerate and considers the feelings of others when he speaks and acts.

  It was Qiu Henian's face to talk about returning home. The loud voice of the man just now might have been heard by the people nearby, but he was not upset or annoyed, but rather sympathized with his husband's difficulties.

  And in order not to embarrass Qingyan, he didn't even mention it, and only silently expressed relief through actions. Qingyan felt that although he was poor in his youth, lonely as an adult, and was deceived about love and money, God is really treated him favorably.

  Before going to bed at night, Qiu Henian read to Qingyan. This time Qingyan did not fall asleep quickly again, but read the words in the book with him by candlelight, and silently memorized as many words as possible.

  Qiu Henian noticed that he was reading, so he moved the book towards him. The couple leaned against the bedside and read together. It seemed like an old couple and a loving couple, and it seemed similar to the cross-necked mandarin ducks on the quilt. too much.

  After dinner the next morning, Qiu Henian took out a cloth bag from the drawer under Wan Gong's bed and showed it to Qing Yan.

  Inside were about fifteen or sixty taels of broken silver, as well as two copper coins threaded together. It looked like there were about a hundred of them.

  Qiu Henian let Qingyan finish reading and said: "These are all the family's savings, and they will be handed over to you from now on." He paused, "It's not much, but seeing as the Chinese New Year is approaching, many families want to buy some ironware. I can save some more years ago."

  Qingyan nodded, took the bag, tied it and put it back in the drawer. Then he said with a smile: "I will take care of the money." After saying that, he approached and ignored the man's avoidance and insisted on facing him. Face to face, eye to eye, he said sweetly: "Mr., you have worked hard to support your family."

  His eyes were as if the face in front of him was particularly perfect. There was intimacy and admiration in his eyes. There was no trace of fear or disgust towards those horrible scars. Qiu Henian suddenly looked away and said, "I have to go to the shop today." , only apprentices are here these two days."

  Qingyan showed a look of realization. He took two steps back, stretched out his hand to help the man straighten his robe, and said, "There must be a lot of work, so I'll take you out."

  After Qiu Henian left, Qingyan went back to the house, lay down on the bed and took a deep breath.

  Just now, he looked generous and fearless, but in fact, his heart was like a drum beating out of order, the banging sound was messy and confusing.

  In fact, he originally wanted to kiss the other person. At first, his target was the lips, but then he settled for the cheeks, and then... Qingyan got cold feet.

  One is that Qiu Henian has a cold temperament, and the time the two of them get together is really too short. Qingyan always feels like he doesn't dare to "make trouble" with him; it's okay to kiss him again, but after kissing him Well, if Qiu Henian wanted to go further and Qingyan flirted with her, he would have no reason to refuse her at that time.

  But if you don't refuse, it will really hurt. Even now, Qingyan feels that there is still a dull pain in the back, and it is not completely relieved.

  He fell on the bed, covered himself with a quilt, and had random thoughts in his mind, with all kinds of restricted scenes floating around.

  "Although he is not too strong, his shoulders are so broad and his arms are so strong. Why didn't he crush me that night?"

  "But his waist is really thin and feels so tough...I heard that men with good waists are very durable. Damn it, no wonder it almost killed me!"

  "He finally got a wife back home, and she's such a nice person. How about I grit my teeth, close my eyes, endure it, and let him do it again?"

  Qingyan touched her butt, "No, no, it really hurts, I can't bear it!"

  "Ah ah ah ah ah!"

  Qingyan got up from the bed, feeling extremely worried, "Forget it, I'd better prepare myself mentally and wait."

  He got out of bed, pulled on his shoes, put on his cotton-padded jacket, and planned to go to Aunt Li's house to sweep the yard, but his movements suddenly froze again, "But what if he takes the initiative to express his desire? After all, he was in his prime, and I was still young. So beautiful!"

  Qingyan paced back and forth in the room. After a long while, he sighed deeply and gritted his teeth: "If he really wants it, I will cooperate to the death and risk my life!"

Chapter 8 Bathing

  After cleaning the yard for Aunt Li, she was happy to feed her a handful of fried melon seeds. Qingyan licked the big and fragrant melon seeds and felt much better.

  The matter of returning home has been settled, and there is still plenty of time to deal with the adulterer Yang Huai. If he pays more attention and does not interact with the other party, there may be enough room for recovery. After being ill for a while, he thought about it a little bit, and there was no point in being anxious now.

  Qingyan made something casual for lunch, took a short nap after dinner, and then went to Blacksmith Wang's house to practice reading and writing.