Show Me Why I'm Here

-Chan's pov-

I opened my eyes slowly. Regaining consciousness, looked up at the person before me.

"F-felix?" I stammered, still very out of it.

He a put a finger to his lips, "Shh, it's okay." Why was he so calm? What was he doing there? I was even more confused than ever. After a few more moments of silence, he finally spoke up again. "How are you feeling?"

"I-I don't know, what even happened?" I asked, my voice quiet and somewhat sorrowful. He helped me sit up as I examined the room, I was on one of the couches in the cafe, it appeared as if they had closed it for privacy and safety for me.

"You passed out, Jin came to find me and the moment I heard him say you were hurt I came running. I never meant for this to happen, I just needed space to think. Sorry for scaring you, sorry for all of it." I didn't know what to say, I couldn't bring myself to speak. "Do you think you're okay to come with me?"

I nodded, slowly standing up. He took my hand and lightly dragged me out the door and over to a familiar place. I smiled, admiring the view over Sydney from the small town we lived in. It was on a massive hill that towered over Sydney, showing us the beauty of the city from afar.

"Chris."

"Yeah?"

"I'm so so sorry, I never meant for you to get hurt." He spoke softly, almost hesitantly as if he was scared of the outcome of his words. That was a fear that he very much had and strongly. "I just need to tell you the truth."

"I'm listening Lix." I replied, giving him the cue to continue.

"Never in my life have I trusted someone from the first look. Let alone loved them or felt as though I would love them one day. Never in my life would I have imagined meeting someone who brought me as much joy as Echo did. Never in my life did I feel as if I was worthy of having a lover in my life who cared, who understood me and loved Echo as their own, nor did I imagine having another little person in my life who I loved as my own." He paused, looked to me and said, "But then I met you. I met you and Rory. I always feared that if I found that with someone i'd end up ruining it yet when I almost did you made that impossible. On one of the first days since we'd met I brought you here, I told you a Japanese phrase."

"Koi no yokan, meaning premonition of love."

"I had a feeling from the moment I looked into your eyes that things in my life were about to get better and oh how I was right. We discovered we had the same friends, our sisters are roommates and best friends and Rory and Echo are like sisters themselves."

"We had actually met before." I pointed out, Felix turning to me with a look of confusion. That was my cue to explain. "That day a few years back, you were at one of your lowest times. You ran away somewhere and met someone, a few years older than you but not too different. That was me. We didn't know eachother at the time."

"Chan, what you said that day changed my fucking life!" He was crying, I was crying. "This just all proves that..." He hesitated, "We're meant to be. I love you Chris. So fucking much."

I stepped towards him and cupped his face, wiped his tears with my thumbs and gazed into his eyes. His hands wiped my tears away and wrapped themselves around my neck. We both knew what was coming, neither of us could wait.

I leaned in slowly, not having to stretch because we were the same height. Centimetres between us. Chemical energy firing around us. Sparks flying from my mind to his. It felt like we were two different bodies with the same mind for a moment. I didn't want to shock him however, so I just placed my lips on the corner of his mouth for a few seconds.

I pulled away and looked at him, gazing into his deep brown eyes. Nothing like the ocean or the aurora borealis but like Felix, a man I was so crazily in love with.

"I wanna be with you forever, I want to raise the girls with you as a family and live with you. I want to hold you in my arms every night and kiss you over a cup of coffee every morning. I don't have a ring, but I can get one. Will you marry me?" I whispered.

No reply, just a silent moment.

It felt like hours before Felix finally did something. He didn't say anything. It's what he did that mattered.

He crashed his lips onto mine hungrily, passionately. Our bodies moving with the kiss against eachother. My hand slowly ruffling through his soft beautiful brown hair. The moment felt like it could last forever. At least that's what I wished for, I never wanted to leave his touch. I never wanted his lips to come off mine, I never wanted to feel like i'd lost him again.

I slipped my tongue into his mouth, he did the same. The amazing feeling of his tongue roaming my mouth and sliding across the roof of it. His legs naturally curled around me so I removed my hands from his cheeks and lifted him up, my arms holding him up from beneath him. We never broke the kiss, his hands brushing through my curly brown locks. It was so magical, so beautiful, so perfect. The whole world stopped just for us.

The feeling we'd both been longing for forever, the joy, the love had finally been found with the perfect person. It felt like fate or destiny, 23 years on this planet and I had never felt this happy since the day Rory was born. I was gonna stay this happy, with Felix and my girls. I finally understood why people longed for love, why people spent their whole lives looking for this. I loved him so fucking much, I loved him, Echo and Rory so much and nothing was ever to change that. Nothing could change that, it felt so right and was so right. Life isn't easy, it won't ever be but with him it'll be okay.

And we broke the kiss.

"Yes, I'll marry you." Felix whispered back, his voice hoarse and our foreheads touching. I let out a laugh.

"Love you."