Koi No Yokan

Felix and Chan found themselves sat on a couple of stools in an almost empty bar, drinking soda. They sat in silence for most of it, an awkward feeling in the air that had never been there before. Neither of them liked it. It felt like they had lost something, something was missing. Was it the ominous empty bar with the soft hum of music being basically the only sound as the warm lights flickered lightly or was it the deathening silence that was warning the two that whatever said next would change the way they saw eachother forever? Only the whispers in the walls that surrounded their minds in that moment knew. It felt as if dramatic music had built up, a camera had zoomed on their faces and the tension was so strong it needed to be broken.

"Felix-"

"Chris-"

They both went to speak at the same time.

"Y-you go first." Chris smiled softly, confused at his own actions and left wondering why he suddenly gained a stutter.

"Oh. Okay, I just wanted to say sorry for earlier. Those guys are sweet as anything but sometimes get a bit much even for me." He explained, looking down and avoiding eye contact with the elder.

"Don't be sorry, it was quite nice. They were funny guys and they seem to make you happy so i'm happy."

"You wanted to say something yourself?" Felix asked, sipping from his sprite and slowly moving his eyes towards Chan's.

"Oh yeah." Chris began, "What the fuck does koi no yokan mean?? I couldn't google it cause I didn't know the spelling and I really wanna know!"

"Are you sure?" Chris nodded frantically, making Felix giggle slightly. The mood had lifted but was that about to change? "Well... there's no direct translation but it means-"

Felix stopped.

Fear took over.

"Lix?"

"Y'know what! I'll just type into google for you!"

Chris handed Felix his phone, watching the younger stressfully type something into it.

"Here." Felix handed Chan his phone back. Braced himself, closed his eyes and tried not to imagine every worse case scenario there was. He failed. His mind raced with hundreds of negative thoughts. Would Chris hate him? Would he hurt him? Would he leave him and Echo just like everyone else did? He was scared but his thoughts soon cut out at the sound of Chan's voice.

"Premonition of love..." He spoke softly, almost in a whisper. Everything made sense, for the first time in his life it made sense.

He was in love with Felix.

And Felix felt the same way for him.

Since first sight they had only grown closer, fast paced but perfect. They felt a way around eachother that they never felt with anyone else. Watching the other with the girls, taking eachother places and always holding hands. Chris treating Echo like his own daughter with Rory and their sisterly friendship. It all made sense.

At least in Chan's head it did. What Chris didn't realise was that he was silent with an unreadable expression on his face that entire time.

Felix voice spoke out meekly, "Do you hate me now?"

Chan's heart stattered into billions of pieces.