A Spark

Rory and Echo had become quick friends in the short time of knowing each other, 3 months making them officially 'besties'. As for their parents, well let's just say they both hit it off from the beginning too. Their hand-holding habit becoming a common one and the duo's new discovery at them being neighbours meant that the group were inseparable for the 3 months that had just past. The dancing and music-making massive friend group had monthly meetings, leaving a certain Hannah and Olivia to look after a couple of chaotic kids. Hyunjin and Jisung had starting shipping the Chris and Felix duo and calling them 'Chanlix', leading to the other 4 friends to catch on.

Chris and Felix greeted eachother as they wandered towards the school to pick up Rory and Echo. Chan laughed at something Felix said, Felix was cold and borrowed Chan's jacket. They did all these things that made everyone around them stop and stare, thinking the duo were a couple.

"Um, excuse me. Mr. Bang? May I please have a minute to talk to you about Aurora?" Rory's teacher grabbed Chan's attention suddenly as he arrived at the class to collect his daughter.

"Oh, of course. Can I just do something real quick? Thanks" Chris replied, before turning to his child. "Rory, honey can you please go with Felix and Echo for a minute while I talk to your teacher?"

"Okay Daddy!" Rory looked around in confusion before her face lit up with joy at the sight of Felix, putting a smile on Chan's face as his daughter bounced over to the other half of the Chanlix duo.

"Okay, this will only be quick but I think you might want to know about this." The teacher explained, guiding Chan to their desk and taking a seat on a swivel chair behind it. They offered Chris to take a seat on one of the other seats in the classroom but the latter respectfully refused as a way to avoid getting stuck in the small chairs.

"Okay."

"Aurora has been very attached to Ocean, as you know and there is nothing wrong with that! Of course not, the problem is that despite Ocean socialising and having other smaller friends, Aurora doesn't. She in fact refuses, avoiding other children and getting upset when Ocean plays with others." The teacher told Chris everything about the situation, probably expecting a reply.

After no reply came from Chris, the teacher decided to continue on by saying, "Does Aurora have any attachment issues, separation anxiety or just struggles along those lines that you know of?"

"Well, her mother isn't in the picture and never has been. Until she came here and became friends with Ocean and got to know Ocean's father, Felix, all she ever knew was me. We'd meet new people and she'd occasionally stay with my sister or be looked after by some of my closest friends but the majority it was me. Now I've been going a few dates with someone she sees more of Ocean and her aunt and my friends, but she still clings onto me. I guess she gets attached easily but once she does she blocks everyone else out, she's done this with me of course now Ocean and possibly Felix too." Chris rambled on, explaining every aspect to his views on the situation.

"I see, I see. Now I don't have to cause a big fuss about anything here, but I think it's important that the parents are updated about things like this. If you'd like to talk to her about this, you have every right to do so. Thank you for your time, Mr Bang. Have a pleasant evening."

"To you to." Chris said as he left the building to find a tired and oddly sad looking Felix tackle the chaos of two crazy kids.

"Daddy!!!" Rory screamed for joy at the sight of her father, Felix struggling to refrain her from running into the road to get to me.

"Hey Rory, hey Echo, our gorgeous girls." Chris greeted the miniature duo with a sentence that made Felix's head snap up from the spot on the ground he was staring at in a daze. "You alright Lix? Somebody's daydreaming!" He added, chuckling.