❌ 4 🖥️ 📺

SMG4 is still under The TV Adware's control.

This is a popular theory that I agree with because there were a ton of hints to it during 'WOTFI 2023'.

Of course, there's the obvious similarity between SMG4 thanking us for making our choices and saying that it was "thanks to [us] that we got the good ending", and then The TV Adware basically saying exactly the same thing as him afterwards.

But there's also the fact that SMG4 mentioned, closer to the beginning of 'WOTFI 2023', during the planning scene, that he had "intel" from someone. I think it just makes sense that that would be from The TV Adware.

Why wouldn't SMG4 say the person's name that he got the information from? He had no problem with saying any of the other characters' names, so why all of a sudden not say theirs? It just doesn't make sense if it was someone who was part of his crew.

(Of course, there's also the theory that The TV Adware may have somehow given him the information that he needed.)

And then there's the fact that if The TV Adware is in the boarded room in SMG4's Castle then I have a feeling that SMG4 would know he was in there. After all, in 'SMG4: THE NEW CASTLE!!' when they're giving the tour of the rooms, Luigi asks, "Wait, what about that room?" and indicates the boarded room, and 4 replies, "...Uh we don't talk about that room." before then quickly moving on. There's no way that SMG4 does not know what's in that room. I mean, it's his castle.

There's no way that SMG4 would just let The TV Adware live with him after what happened during 'It's Gotta Be Perfect' and, if he did, why wouldn't he tell the others that he was there? I just don't think that he wouldn't tell them or us.

The other option to all of this is that The TV Adware doesn't have control over him but has been threatening his friends instead. Think about it: we already know that SMG4 would "do anything not to lose [his] friends" and The TV Adware could quite easily use that against him.