𝟬𝟭𝟰

"𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙡, 𝙞'𝙫𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙨𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙡, 𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙙𝙚𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙮"

—𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙍𝙄𝙎𝙈𝘼𝙏𝙄𝘾.
014. 𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱'𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

╰┈➤ "START!" MIDNIGHT'S VOICE echoes throughout the stadium. The obstacle race, the first event of the sports festival, has begun.

The obstacle race. The name is self-explanatory, but in short, it's essentially a fourth kilometer race with obstacles and things that have the sole objective of hindering us. All eleven classes participate in this.

The second after Midnight announced the beginning of the race, every single student practically flew toward the gate that led to the race. All of the approximately 220 students.

Hold on—flew? Actually, that's not a bad idea.

Anyway, the 220 students all pushed against each other in the crowded, tunnel-like entrance to the course. I decided to stay back. Why? Because it looks claustrophobic in that tunnel, and there is NO way I'm letting any of those other weirdos push up against me like that. Ew. Besides, I know that even if they got a ten minute head start, I'd still win. Call me cocky or whatever, but it's true.

That's what I thought until I noticed a certain half-n-half froze the entire crowd and went on about his merry way. No way I'm letting him do that, considering he's one of the only students in this school who has actual potential against me.

I take note of the high ceiling of the tunnel and realize that I could create some sort of object that can allow me to glide or fly through the air. I told you it isn't a bad idea.

Don't ask why, but I created the first thing that came to mind. A whale. Specifically a killer whale, or orca, which can swim to about fifty-six miles per hour. Obviously, since it's made of water, sitting on it would get my uniform wet. Unfortunately, there's not really any solution I have to that yet. Maybe I'll ask them for a water-proof uniform one day.

Forming the whale takes a little while, considering it's humongous. It also takes a lot of water, which I have a limited supply of. But eventually, the whale is evident in his ginormous glory.

Climbing on top of it, I notice that it seems to be treating the sky as if it were water and swimming through it. For some reason, I didn't expect it to make the same sound that orcas do, either.