~~

The room hummed with tension as Detective Inspector Lestrade sat uncomfortably at the table, flanked by Detective Sergeant Sally Donovan. The police press conference was underway, and Donovan addressed the gathered press reporters with a grim expression. At the same time, Elizabeth had entered the room, spotting an officer from Scotland Yard leaning on a wall. She noticed his walkie-talkie on his waist and she sneakily snatched it from him, tucking it in her coat pocket before taking a seat in the far corner.

"The body of Beth Davenport, Junior Minister for Transport, was found late last night on a building site in Greater London. The body of Beth Davenport, Junior Minister for Transport, was found late last night on a building site in Greater London. Preliminary investigations suggest that this was suicide. We can confirm that this apparent suicide closely resembles those of Sir Jeffrey Patterson and James Phillimore. In the light of this, these incidents are now being treated as linked. The investigation is ongoing but Detective Inspector Lestrade will take questions now. " Donovan announced, her words hanging heavily in the air.

Detective Inspector Lestrade, looking uneasy, faced a barrage of questions from reporters.

"Detective Inspector, how can suicides be linked?"

Lestrade struggled to explain, "Well, they all took the same poison; um, they were all found in places they had no reason to be; none of them had shown any prior indication of ...".

He was suddenly interrupted when Elizabeth decided to chime in. "That sounds a-lot more like murder than suicide. I mean the likelihood of three individuals independently choosing the same poison at different times and places with no ties to each other is extremely low. The only other choice here is foul play."

"I'll think you'll find that we are the detectives here, and we can say for sure that these are definitely suicides." Lestrade retorted. He looked at Donovan, trying to find confirmation of what newspaper outlet this girl worked at, but Donovan just shook her head.

At that same moment, everyone's mobile phones trilled simultaneously, displaying a cryptic message:

"Wrong!"

Donovan looked down at her phone and said,
"If you've all got texts, please ignore them."
Attempting to downplay the interruption.

"Just says, 'Wrong'." A reporter said.

"Yeah, well, just ignore that. Okay, if there are no more questions for Detective Inspector Lestrade, I'm going to bring this session to an end." Donovan said, sternly.

Elizabeth, getting irritated at the stupidity of her new coworkers, tried to play along with their theory.

"If these are suicides, as you are so sure they are, what exactly are you investigating?" She had a condescending look on her face, trying not to laugh.

"As I say, these ... these suicides are clearly linked. Um, it's an ... it's an unusual situation. We've got our best people investigating ..." Lestrade stuttered.

Clearly you haven't. She thought.

Everybody's mobile trills another text alert and again each message reads:

"Wrong!"

"Says, 'Wrong' again." A reporter remarks.