Chapter 35 - Centipede?

Start from the beginning

Yellow lightening shone beneath them once again, and Leah realised with a gasp that Reiner and Jean had leapt from Falco's back and began the attempt to save Pieck and detonate the explosives.

Falco levelled of, now soaring parallel to the spine. Leah gripped the ropes on the bird's back with one hand, using her other to work free her tarnished gas tank. Within seconds, the already loosened screw holding it in place gave way and the metal cannister was deserted somewhere behind them.

"I don't know how much gas I have left in this tank, but even then, I'm off balance now. I won't be very useful in combat. All I have is enough mobility to avoid attacks. I'll still do my best to get Armin back."

"Gah, they're even using Bertholdt as a puppet..." Annie observed, "How could they?!"

"There it is!" Yelled Mikasa. Everyone's attention shifted to where Mikasa was motioning. "That one, the pig thing! Or whatever it is!"

"It's a cow titan!" Leah decided.

"Which one?!" Asked Annie.

"Right there, the weird one. See it?"

"Where?! Which one of the nine titans is it?"

"Might be a cart?" Said Mikasa.

"Or a Beast?" Said Leah.

"Or maybe a jaw?!"

"That's not helpful... give me a serious description, will you?!" Annie grizzled.

"I did!" Bit back Mikasa.

"There, the titan that just started running away!" Leah pointed towards one of the many ribs of the Founder titan.

"That one? Isn't that an Okapi?" Annie asked.

"What the hell's an Okapi!?"

"Go, Falco!" Annie shouted. "We'll corner that Okapi thing at the tailbone and get Armin back."

Leah readied herself to jump as soon as they reached the tailbone. She crouched with her legs beneath her, and her blades in hand. How much use they'd be in battle, let alone how much use she'd be, Leah wasn't sure.

A hand tightened around Leah's arm that was braced beneath her. "Be careful, okay?" Said Levi. Worry swam in his once cold, and metallic eyes. In the current light, Leah could swear they almost looked blue. Not an icy, heartless blue like they might've when they first started working together, but a pale, sky blue that reminded Leah of a warm summer's day.

Holstering her blades, Leah dragged herself over to Levi, cupped his face in one hand, and pressed their lips together. Mikasa gasped, shooting out a hand to cover young Gabi's eyes as the adults pressed their bodies together and their lips danced in a passionate goodbye kiss. A life-time of love spoken through one fleeting action.

"What the hell?! You just kissed Captain Levi!" Connie howled in dismay.

Leah pulled back, non-chalantly turning back to her soldiers and fixing them a stern glare. "Did they never teach you to mind your own business in Ragako, boy?!"

He gasped animatedly. "Yea- but you- you just- right in front of us! How long has this been going on?!"

"Focus on the task at hand, Springer!"

"Yes, ma'am!"

"Let's go, let's go, let's go!"

On Leah's words, Connie, Annie, Mikasa and herself dived from Falco and aimed straight towards where the 'Okapi' titan was.

Weaving, once again, between vertebrae, spikes and ribs the three scouts and one female titan made chase after the Okapi titan

"We all need to stick together, or we'll be too easy to kill!" Connie reminded, alighting on Annie's shoulder to recover from a brief tussle with some of the previous 9 titans.