Epilogue

"Where are the keys!?" Leah panicked, grabbing the pillows from the sofa and throwing them over her shoulders. She ran her hands through the creases of the material, into the crevasses between the cushioning and backrest. "Fuck, fuck, fuck. Levi, where are the keys?!"

"Have you checked your pocket?"

Levi spoke calmly, hobbling into the living room. He paused in the doorframe, grasping it in his hand for support. A small smile tugged at his lips as he watched Leah pat her hands to her pockets in a frenzy. There was a muted jingle of metal and her eyes lit up.

Her fingers dove into the pocket and drew out the key chain, letting out a laugh of relief. "You're the best. The best." She praised, clasping her fingers around the keys and running up the male.

He chuckled softly, accepting the kiss the woman pressed to his lips. "Your Daddy's the best, isn't he." The woman coo'd to the baby gargling from the cot beside the sofa. She scooped her hands beneath the child, hugging him to her chest. A joyful squeal bubbled from the baby boy, his arms flapping about him in excitement as his Mother held him.

"I'm not the best. But I have been blessed with the most amazing family." Levi stepped over to Leah, putting an arm around her waist and gazing lovingly down at the baby who wriggled against her.

He gently put a hand on the back of the baby's head, which was already covered in jet black hair. "Stop hitting your mother, Evan." He quirked his brow in warning at the giggling infant. His arms, which had been thrashing about relentlessly against his mum's chest and shoulder, froze and Evan's pale eyes lifted to his father.

Levi leaned down and pressed a kiss to the boy's forehead. "Come on, we don't want to be late." He moved away, quickly returning the pillows to their rightful place before making for the front door.

"Wait, do you have Evan's bag?"

"Levi, he'll fine, it's only a couple of hours."

"I'll take his bag just incase he gets fussy while we're out."

Leah let out a quiet laugh, shaking her head as Levi disappeared into the back of the house. When Levi returned, a small satchel over his shoulder, Leah was bouncing the baby on her hip.

"Ready?"

"Ready. Let's go."

As much as Levi struggled to walk ever since the injuries he sustained just over a year prior, he was too stubborn to admit that. On this occasion he insisted they walked, arguing that Mikasa and Jean's house was just down the road. "Our horse isn't just for decoration, love." Leah tutted, strolling slowly beside him.

"He's got a sore hoof. He needs some rest."

Leah chuckled. "If you say so."

Before long the small family drew up to the front door of their friends' house and Levi knocked firmly. Jean swung the door open excitedly, a charming grin on his face as he welcomed them in.

"You guys look great, come in! Some people are already here. Yep, just through to the backroom," Jean pointed Levi in the right direction. Leah repositioned the baby on her hip and locked Jean into a one armed hug.

"Thanks for doing this. It means a lot."

"We weren't going to just let our best Captain leave quietly." He teased before dropping his voice, "Please don't tell Levi I said that." He turned his attention to the baby. "Plus, any excuse to see my favourite nephew."

Leah laughed. "Here, if you love him that much." She offered the baby to the mulleted male, smirking at the flustered look growing on his face. His hands reached forward, fumbling to support the baby. Evan wrapped a chubby fist around Jean's dusty locks, giggling happily. "Don't drop him."