Colin just shook his head at Benedict and walked towards the bathroom, because he couldn't argue, he did in fact smell of whiskey, and sex.

After a long shower, and a quick tidy up of condom wrappers before embarrassment of the cleaning staff. He made his way downstairs to the lion's den.

"Oh he is alive."

Anthony said while sitting at one end of the table with a tea, and a newspaper.

He had noticed Francesca and Eloise with their significant others had appeared for the breakfast too. It was probably by force, or the sheer fact to bathe over his embarrassment.

Violet walked over to her son and kissed his cheek, "Good Morning my boy. There's plenty to eat, we all know you'll have an appetite this morning."

Colin gasped at his mother.

"MUM!"

Was screamed in unison by all Bridgerton siblings bar Benedict who was cracking up in fits of giggles over his mother's blatant attempt at embarrassment.

Colin sat down at the table and found himself in between Francesca and young Belinda.

"It's a shame Penelope didn't stay for breakfast."

Violet murmured as she sat down at the table.

"She maybe needed to get home after Colin keeping her up all night."

Simon quickly replied while trying to egg on the embarrassing moment more.

"Uncle Colin?"

Said Belinda as she pulled the sleeve to his t-shirt.

"Why did you keep Auntie Pen up all night? That wasn't very nice."

She frowned at him and nipped his arm out of annoyance.

"OW – Belinda, I think she enjoyed herself very much."

Colin said jokingly.

"Right that is enough, Belinda you go over there and read a story to baby Edmund."

Daphne said while throwing a croissant across the table towards Colin.

"You brother are another breed."

Francesca laughed as she buttered her toast.

"Colin's taking her out on a date tonight."

Benedict quickly slotted into conversation, while Colin sighed with exhaustion.

"Must nothing be kept secret Brother?"

He glared towards Benedict. He had no idea why anyone ever trusted that fool. He could never keep any secret for longer than 5 minutes.

"A date?"

Sophie said as she sat forward to look at Colin. She had remained pretty quiet over the whole thing, he knew that Sophie and Eloise were really protective over Penelope, and with good reason.

"Yeah, I just want to start this thing off properly."

He tried to remain calm, but underneath the table his legs were bouncing like crazy. He had no idea where to take her, or what to do. But he knew it had to be special. He wanted to shower her with all the love and affection he could tonight. He wanted to remain a gentleman, but a moment in Penelope's presence turned him absolutely feral.

"Good."

Eloise said.

Sophie and Francesca nodded. They didn't really have much belief in Colin. Eloise's favourite brother was always Colin, she always saw the best in him. Francescas idolisation of Colin dropped a long time ago, and he had mountains to move before she fully trusted him around Penelope again. She definitely saw a change in him, but she needed to see it progress. Penelope deserved the world, and he needed to be that for her, because if he didn't, she has no problem telling him so. Sophie hadn't spent a great deal of time with Colin, Benedict had told her so many stories that totally contradicted the Colin who broke her best friend's heart, but on the other hand, he was trying. Penelope was happy now, and that's all that Sophie needed to see.