Trusting.

The day after the party, and the villa was quiet. Penelope had decided the best option that night was retreat to her room, alone. There was a knock around 10 minutes after Penelope closed the door, and she really was going to ignore it but then she got a message from Francesca sayings 'open up'... so it was a relief.

The two of them sat up most of the night talking, laughing, and just enjoying each other's company. They always had a different bond from everyone else, probably because they were so similar. Francesca was really taken by Michael, and Penelope was so happy. She knew Michael was a good guy, and Francesca deserved that. Michael would be heading back to Scotland in the next month, and they had already planned a meet up when he got back to the UK. Penelope was shocked, but I suppose... 'when you know...'

Francesca had asked Penelope about Colin and tried to drop his name in on more than a few occasions, but Penelope had no idea where her head was actually at.

Penelope had spent what felt a lifetime chasing after that one guy, she always had an unrequited fantasy, it allowed her to keep everything away, and keep herself removed. Now? He had come at her with everything she ever wanted... but somehow, it didn't seem right.

Marina was someone who he was willing to marry...

Penelope was always overlooked.

Did he just notice her because how well she was doing without him?

Did he just notice her now because of confidence?

His words? Meant nothing anymore, Penelope knew that deep down.

Trust was everything, and they had none.

The next morning, the sun was out early. Penelope decided the best course of action was a run. She grabbed her gym shorts, sports bra, water bottle, and headphones. As she was sliding on her trainers, Francesca opened her eyes,

"A run?"

Penelope nodded and pressed a finger against her lips.

"I'm trying to sneak out, I'll see you in a bit."

Francesca waved her off, and turned back round in the bed they shared last night. They spoke so much; Penelope couldn't remember who fell asleep first.

Penelope zipped up her cropped jumper and opened the door while placing her headphones in each ear. The soundtrack needed to be something she could lose herself in, just let go and hit the pavement hard. She wanted to forget herself even just for the hour.

Penelope started to run, and her body felt sore after last nights one too many tequila shots. She had to stop more than a few times as her stomach honestly felt it was going to make her vomit everywhere. Eventually when she reached a coffee shop, she ran in to get a peppermint tea to calm her stomach, she decided to just walk back, and just calm herself down a little bit. It was a little past 8am, and her phone started to ring,

Violet Calling...

"Hi Violet, are you okay?"

"Yes darling, I'm just calling to see how you are?"

Violet could always tell when something was happening, or even wrong. It was devasting that Penelope never really had this type of relationship with her own family. This was another reason she wasn't sure if Colin was worth the risk, would their relationship cost her Violet? Eloise? Francesca? It seemed the negatives were overloading the positives at the moment, and Penelope couldn't overlook that.

"Yeah, I suppose. Just a lot going on, you know how it is."

"I just want you to know. I am always here. You do know that? I think of you like you are my own. I worry for you just the same. You have the best heart, and mind of a young girl for your age I have ever met. I trust any decision you make. I just wanted you to know that you are amazing Penelope. I couldn't be prouder. I know I shouldn't push, but I want you to come home."