The Dress.

Penelope woke up bright and early that day, not because she wanted to, but because Sophie was at her hotel room door nearly knocking it down.

"Featherington!"

Penelope climbed out the bed and swung open the door, she was immediately nearly pushed to the floor with excitement.

"Omg omg omg, I've missed you."

Sophie had somehow pushed Penelope back on to the bed, and Sophie was straddling her.

"I've missed you too, but I'd rather have that coffee in your hand please."

Penelope said as she stole the second coffee from the coffee holder Sophie had somehow manoeuvred without spillage. That woman was truly spectacular.

"We have appointments at the dressmakers, she had a few dresses picked out for you. Since the theme has changed last minute, oh and I've got obviously stylists and make-up artists coming along for you too. Oh and Anthony has arranged a car for you."

Penelope lay on the bed attempting to take in the barrel load of information that was thrown her way.

"Wait WHAT? Theme change?"

Penelope nearly spilt the coffee over her. She had acquired a beautiful dress from Bloomingdales that fitted her perfectly that she wanted to wear for the theme of 'Great Gatsby' but obviously, that wasn't going to happen.

"Violet wants a more regency feel."

Sophie said as she tried to remain serious.

Penelope rolled her eyes.

"Violet is a Queen so I shouldn't have been surprised."

Sophie laughed.

"Get dressed then, we need to go find you something obviously! Oh and btw, your ass looks great!"

Penelope laughed,

"Thanks Soph."

Before she closed the door, she peaked her head round.

"I did miss you too."

Sophie nearly cried but remembered 'no puffy faces.'

"I know you dork, now move that ass!"

Penelope was dragged into a dress shop where she found Daphne, and Eloise waiting too. It was safe to say an emotional reunion was had.

"Are you truly back for good?"

Eloise asked while sobbing, all Penelope could do was nod.

"She better be, she just bought a beautiful apartment and I've got your move in date for Thursday! By the time I organise movers with stuff, I'd say it'll be ready for Friday afternoon."

Daphne said while squealing and almost jumping off the floor in excitement.

Penelope ran up and wrapped her arms around her.

"Daph, I can't thank you enough. You are the best."

Daphne pushed her off and downed a glass of champagne.

"You won't make me cry again Penelope Featherington, so get in that changing room and try on the dresses we've picked out."

Penelope done what she was told and headed into the changing room to find three different dresses, one was a deep green that she didn't really like, the other was a yellow corset style that she didn't really rate, but the final one was a long sleeved blue tight velvet dress with a sweetheart neckline.

It was beautiful.

It pulled in at the waist and floated down with a slight train at the back.

As she pulled it over her hips it felt tight, Penelope wasn't sure if it was going to be flattering on her figure. But she went with it anyway, just in case. She went outside to get the help of the girl to zip her up, and she was passed some heels just to give the full-dress effect. Penelope walked outside and stood in front of the mirror.