Breaking.

Eloise: Are you okay? We heard everything.

Penelope: Nothing ever changes Eloise. I need a few days. I'll be back on Friday with Sophie. Please enjoy LA with Phillip, send everyone my apologises, I love you.

Eloise: I love you too.

Penelope sat in Josh's Porsche and told him to meet her at her apartment. She knew Sophie was working, so she could be alone with him. She walked up the stairs, and there he stood with flowers, and the brightest smile. Her heart sank, why couldn't she feel everything she felt every time she looked at Colin? She kissed him, and fell into his arms, she snuggled into his arms and broke down. He immediately took her keys and pulled her into the door. They walked to the sofa, and he was still holding her.

"Fuck, Babe. What's wrong?"

He seemed broken. He grabbed her cheeks and searched her eyes for answers. She just couldn't stop sobbing. She hadn't cried properly since leaving London, and it seemed in that very moment everything came rushing back. Being around the Bridgerton's, and being around Colin, made her see how much she missed them all. Especially Colin, just being around him... always made her feel at home. They had always been the best of friends, it made no sense how they were with each other all these years, and then she had finally realised all these stolen glances, flirtations, and comforts were more than friendly. Both just couldn't admit it. Was it partly her fault for not speaking up? Was she also a coward?

"Penelope talk to me."

He tried to lean in to kiss her.

She pulled back and placed a hand on his neck, and he placed his forehead on hers.

"It's over, isn't it?"

He said quietly while closing his eyes.

Penelope sobbed again and nodded.

Josh didn't say anything. He stood up, kissed her forehead, and walked towards the door. She watched him close the door and she broke down even more. She knew deep down she couldn't be with him while her heart belonged to someone else. She wasn't sure she'd ever be able to move on. She wasn't sure she'd ever be able to successfully reclaim her heart from him, he had it forever. Maybe she was destined to be single forever, pining after someone who didn't love her the same. Because if he did love her, there wouldn't be a conversation needed to be had, there wouldn't be a Marina, and there wouldn't be heartbreak.

Sophie arrived at the apartment around twenty minutes later.

There she saw her friend, on the floor, heartbroken. She didn't even need to ask, she already knew. She wrapped both arms around her, and just let her lose herself in tears. She needed to get it all out, she needed to grieve.

Back at the villa, Colin sat in the foyer at the bottom of the stair's as he tried to gather his thoughts for just a moment as he watched Penelope jump into her boyfriend's car and drive off.

Eloise came up behind him and crossed her arms.

"You need to grow a pair of balls Colin; we all see how much you love her. You always fucking have. We can't all sit back and watch you wreck your life with that thing upstairs."

She tried to seem sympathetic, but she knew he'd probably get his back up. Daphne immediately sat down next to him, and placed a hand on his knee, and another around his arms.

"Sometimes I think you're scared to let her in. I think you've been running for so long; you don't know how to stop. You're going to lose her Colin. Please wake up."

Colin dropped his head in hands. His sister's were completely right. He raised his head and saw Benedict leaning against the door frame, motioning him to get upstairs. He knew without him even saying a word, he had to end it with Marina, he had to fight for Penelope.