Night Changes.

New York: May 7th 24'

Date of Return to England:  4 months & 23 days. (30th September 24'.)

Penelope had exhausted a long book tour, she had visited so many states, she had honestly lost count. The UK book tour was postponed, until she eventually returned at the end of summer. The hotel life had become lonesome, and tiresome. She had craved stability, or even just a regular bed, so... when she got to New York, it was perfect. Jack was great, he had set her up a space in the spare room. He lived in Lincoln Square, and it was expensive. Penelope wasn't expecting such luxury, Sophie's brother worked as a financial analyst, and they had a lot of family money... which Sophie didn't allude too. So, as Penelope learned more about her friend, it started to make sense why Sophie had a taste for luxury. Jack was perfect at making Penelope feel at home, he really went out his way for everything. Even when he brought women home, he was super respectful. There was never any awkwardness.

Penelope couldn't have been more grateful for New York, her book had been so popular it immediately charted in the New York Time's Best Seller List, #imaphoebe was trending on socials for three months. Everyone was ecstatic at the release. She had found herself writing the second, and it was fast becoming Penelope's self-discovery. She has already sent a few chapters over to the agency, and they loved it. They had agreed that the book would be controlled by the London office, which Sophie would lead the team. Which kind of meant... Sophie would be the one pestering Penelope instead of someone else. Which probably wasn't any different than normality.

Colin floated into her mind a lot recently, not only because his birthday just passed but she also wondered how he was. She wanted nothing more than to pick up the phone and call him, but she knew she couldn't. Her heart was so heavy before, and these past 9 months have really lightened the load. She was starting to get herself a little better. She was starting to feel life on the front, instead of in the shadows.

New York New York Group Chat

Benedict: Well... New York? At least it's closer.

Daphne: Oh I'm Jealous.😒

Kate: Me, & Anthony are travelling there next week! @Penelope we can't wait to see you.

Eloise: I'm so upset I can't come!! Phillips brother is unwell, it's pretty awful.

Penelope: Send Phillip & the family my love! & I can't wait to see you @Kate & @Anthony.

Kate: We can't wait to see you my beautiful girl!❤️

Anthony: Thank God for @Daphne & Mum.

Daphne: I can't wait to squeeze baby Edmund. Belinda is particularly excited for it.

Penelope: I bet she is! Tell her to call me later @Daphne, I miss her face.

Francesca: I'm in Scotland with Michael, we're viewing some potential houses, I really love it here.

Penelope: I'm so happy for you 😁❤️@Francesca.

Penelope: Right I'm off, my laptop is calling my name... and it's angry. I love you all...

When Kate and Anthony flew into New York, Penelope couldn't contain her excitement. They decided to do some normal touristy things and take the usual selfies. Kate had really missed Penelope, and to her amusement, so did Anthony. As they only had the weekend to spare, they stayed for 3 nights. Penelope understood as they were new parents, but it hurt so much knowing their time together was limited. She couldn't wait till she could get back to London, she was excited to start living with her loved ones again.