Lovers.

The Ball was in full swing. Belinda had dragged Penelope up to the dance floor most of the night and refused to share her on more than one occasion. It wasn't until Daphne had to drag her away to bed that Penelope had a little rest bite. Colin noticed as his younger niece had claimed Pen for the full first hour of the ball, he kept waiting for his moment to swoop in or grab her, but Belinda was determined not to share, and well... Colin couldn't blame her.

He had found himself sitting with Anthony, Kate, and his younger brother Gregory. Gregory was 18 this year, and he watched as his younger brother kept a gaze on Penelope too. God, did this woman have another Bridgerton admirer?

He watched his younger brother sit in a transfixed state over her, Anthony soon smacked the back of young Greg's head,

"Close your mouth and stop staring at Penelope."

Gregory immediately went bright red and stood up, he fixed his jacket and made his way over towards her. Kate giggled as she watched Colin get slightly agitated.

"Afraid of a little brotherly competition?"

She said while sipping on her wine. Colin just made a face and glared at her through his sarcastic smile.

Penelope was sitting with Sophie, and Eloise while Benedict and Phillip were retrieving some drinks from the bar. She soon felt a delicate hand on her shoulder, as she turned she saw a young Gregory hold out his hand,

"May I have this dance, Penelope?"

Gregory was a typical Bridgerton boy, beautiful eyes, tall and extremely bold. Gone was his shy demeanour. He had always turned a little too red whenever Penelope would kiss his cheek, she always found it adorable. She couldn't believe a young Gregory had the nerve to ask her to dance, he was always so quiet before, it was nice to see him gain a little bit of confidence. So she lifted her hand and placed it in his grasp and nodded.

"God, that's half my brothers in love with her."

Sophie laughed at Eloise slumping against the back of the chair downing Phillip's dregs of whiskey.

"Oh come on it's cute."

Sophie said while nudging Eloise.

Penelope sent them both an annoyed glance as she took to the floor.

Gregory seemed to tower over Penelope even though he was 6 years younger. His hand rested on the small of her back, and the other guiding her hand round the floor to the waltz. He was quite the accomplished dancer, and extremely respectful towards her. She noticed he would smile occasionally and held her a little tighter as they spun.

She leaned in slightly,

"Very impressive Greg, I think you might be my favorite Bridgerton dance partner."

Greg went bright red with all forms of blush.

"I just thought, I had to ask you to dance. You look very beautiful."

Penelope watched the young boy stumble through his words.

"Oh Gregory, you are too cute. You do know, there has been a group of young girls desperate for your attention tonight."

Penelope said as she motioned her head over towards the gaggle of girls in the corner who were all currently giving Penelope death glares across the dance floor.

"Oh I didn't notice them."

Penelope smiled.

"You should ask one of them to dance, you shouldn't be asking an old sod like me."

Penelope said as she squeezed his arm for support. Even though she was grateful for the beautiful compliments from Gregory, he was a young boy, and well she didn't want him to feel anything towards her other than friendly. She didn't want to blur any more lines for anyone. She remembered being 18, so many confusing feelings...