Sneaking.

Penelope awoken to see Colin lay by her side. She didn't want to leave, but she wanted to sneak out before anyone else woke up and she had explaining to do. The last thing she wanted to do was answer a load of questions without even having the answers herself.

She left a note by his head,

Colin,

I didn't want to do the sneaking out,

But I thought it was best to avoid the jury in the form of your family this morning.

I look forward to seeing you later,

I love you.

Pen x

She managed to book an uber, and sneak out the hallway. As she approached the door,

"My my my.... Miss Featherington, the walk of shame. Tut."

She knew it was too good to be true, she turned around to see Benedict leaning against the door frame in sweats, a tee and a pair of glasses while grabbing a bottle of water. She sarcastically smiled, raised her middle finger, and continued her walk to the uber. Benedict held his chest in jest at her actions and just laughed.

Bridgerton's Unite Group Chat

Benedict: Just caught Pen sneaking out the front door... in last night's dress. @Colin? Care to share with the class.

Francesca: Well that was information I didn't need to have Benedict.

Eloise: EW Colin! You guy's lasted one day????

Benedict: Not even 24 hours in each other's presence... dirty dirty dirty stop outs.

Daphne: Leave them alone, I think its romantic!

Simon: Well they weren't exactly discreet.

Violet: @Colin!! Why didn't she stay for breakfast?

Anthony: Do we really have to share everything with one another?

Kate: Anthony shh. You'll only ask me for the details later when I get them.

Eloise: MUTING. I'd rather not have images thanks.

Colin woke up and felt the crinkle of paper over his face as he tried to reach for Penelope. He understood why she left, but it didn't make it any easier waking up without her. He lay in the sheets they shared last night, and flashbacks came running to him one after another. His skin still had all her markings, they truly gave everything to each other last night. He couldn't keep a stupid grin off his face. He sat up and his door swung open, and he found Benedict standing munching on an apple.

"Good night?"

Benedict said while moving his eyebrows up and down. Colin threw a pillow towards his head.

"I saw young Penelope rushing out this morning."

Colin went bright red.

"Yes, I've just saw the group chat, did you really have to be the town crier today, Ben?"

Benedict just smiled and leaned against Colin's dresser.

"I'm happy for you, when are you seeing her again?"

He quizzed his younger brother as he watched him hopelessly search for something to cover his dignity.

"I'm seeing her tonight. Date night..."

Benedict smiled enthusiastically,

"FINALLY! But before you venture down for breakfast. I'd shower. You smell of expensive whiskey.... And sex."

California Dreaming - Polinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें