Chapter 68: Limits

Start from the beginning

"Lets rest here for a second. I wasn't expecting that to become a full on fight," Luffy laid his head back on a broken wall as his chest rose up and down, panting as sweat dripped from his forehead down to his chest. 

Sanji shook his head, "I'd love to, but it'll be best if we hide now. If we run into anyone else we're all getting caught in one fell swoop." 

Before anyone could even move, another voice joins the conversation. A little high pitched than a normal males voice and definitely more nasally, the voice calls out from above us, "You guys have some nerve!" The voice along with another large figure jumped down from their spot in the tree and the dirt around them began to clear, revealing their appearance, "You're a disgrace, PX-4! It costs almost an entire warship to build a Pacifista like you!" 

Pacifista? 

I mentally noted the name as I looked at the cyborg that laid on the ground as the mysterious enemy complained about how bothersome his report is gonna be. As the other asked the boy with a big battle axe for his name, my eyes shifted to the 'Warlord' next to him trying to figure out if it was the real one or not. 

"I told you already. Im Sentomaru, the most tightlipped man in the world!" 

"Oh okay. So you're Sentomaru?" 

The boy seemed to freeze for a second before responding, "Just so you know, I told that to you voluntarily. I wasn't answering your question."  He turned back to the rest of us, his battle axe resting on his shoulders as he let out the command, "Let's begin, PX-1." 

PX-1? So does this mean he's also not the original Warlord? And is there two others besides this one? 

As their PX-1 began to rev up, audibly making a threatening sound telling us more beams were coming, I began to question how much 'Pacifistas' there really were as I grip my scythe tightly and prepare myself for the attack. Except this time it wasn't a single beam. He let out beams from both of his palm and his mouth creating a big explosion, pushing us back a couple feet. 

"This is bad," I manage to cough out due to the dirt that was flying everywhere along with the sharp pain throughout my body. I held onto Sanji's shoulder as he supports me with a hand on my upper back. I dismiss his gentle question of if I was okay and manage to stand up, "We can't take them right now. Not in our current state." 

"She's right," Zoro held his side as he spoke through the pain as well only he was crouched down, "One more fight like this and we'll all be critically injured." 

My eyes trailed down his body as my lips pursed, my body aching with his. 

As if you're not already critically injured. 

Zoro seemed to notice my gaze, he held it for a little as if hearing my thoughts before shaking his head slightly so that no one else saw it, but me. The swordsman likes to get frustrated with the way that I act in fights, but when it really came down to it, he was the same. That's why he took that bubble a few days ago and that's why he's still fighting right now despite his whole body wanting to shut down. 

"We need to get out of here," Everyone's attention turned to Luffy who was still panting, his straw hat placed on his head as if it gave him courage to speak his next few lines. He looked at all of us as he spoke with an authoritative voice, "But not all together. We have to break off in groups."