Chapter 67: Rayleigh

We stared in amazement as we looked at Camie who now had both her collar and handcuffs off. Franky complained about scaring him with that big explosion and how he had found the keys for nothing. The old man held the same smile he's had since he made his arrival.

"I think he used what's called 'haki'. I don't know much about it either," Hachi managed to mutter out despite the pain from underneath his bandages.

My hands twitched as I stared at Camie's neck, my brain comparing it to my aunt and uncle's old slave and the pirate from earlier that day. I didn't care how he did it, I wanted that power too. I needed to learn how to do that. I needed him to teach me.

Once I tuned back into the conversation, the old man had been identified as Rayleigh, a well known man according to Captain Kid. He was crouched next Hachi, that same pleasant smile on his lips as he checked up on him.

He was more handsome up close despite his age. He had long white hair with round glasses and a scar over his right eye. His skin was a fair caramel and he had a combination of a goatee and a beard to match his hair. He was fairly built for an older man and he held a certain confident, reassuring energy as he carried himself. When he looked up to talk to Luffy his eyes flickered towards me for a second before he continued, "For now, we need to get out of here."

"Come out and comply! If you don't, don't blame us for what happens, rookies!" We could hear the marines voices booming outside, warning us to 'release' the Celestial Dragons.

"We're not only caught up in this, but they're treating us like accomplices," Law spoke with an amused smile as he stayed in the position he's been in.

Kid also spoke up as he held a grin that matched the energy of Law's smile, "I've gotten to see what makes Monkey D. Luffy so notorious. I'm not mad about that, but I'd rather not run into an admiral now if I can help it."

"Oh," Rayleigh looked up to Kid, "I'd rather not use that power of mine anymore so I'll leave this to you. It'll be hard to settle down if the Navy found out who I am."

Kid scoffed at this, "I have no intention in helping out a senior citizen. The more we stay here the more troops will arrive. I think I'll go on ahead. While I'm at it I'll help you guys out! Clean them up a little so don't worry about it."

Something clicked in both Law and Luffy as it was evident that their pride was hurt. They both clicked their tongue and quickly followed him as they all started to argue about who would take care of the marines outside. As they disappeared outside the exit, I shook my head at how simple minded the three captains were.

I turned back to everyone else, specifically Rayleigh, and walked closer to them. I decided to take this chance to talk to him while everyone else was getting ready to leave, "Rayleigh, right?"

He turned to me, his eyes spoke of a story that I was unfamiliar with as his lips widened into a bigger smile, "And you're the famous Y/n."

I chuckled bashfully before my lips rested in a smile, "I wouldn't say I'm famous."

"You're the spitting image of her."

This made me pause and when I looked up at him he seemed more melancholy than before, "You mean..."

"We were good friends: your mother and I," He smiled down at me, placing his hand on my head, "You really are 'the Phoenix's reincarnate'."

I smiled fondly at the warmth of his hand and the compliment he so casually gave me before looking up at him with hopeful eyes, "Hachi said you used something called 'Haki'. I vaguely remember my mother using it too. Can only certain people use it?"