Chapter 53: Wake up!

"I will never ever give up."

My head tilts at the slightly familiar voice and when I turn the corner I have to stop myself from running into the tall skeleton, "Sorry Brook!"

"Ah! It's the beautiful lady again!" Brook seemed to pause before sweatdropping nervously, "My apologies...I don't think I got your name..."

A smile creeps on to my face as I catch my breath from trying to get as far away from the situation I was in before, "It's Y/n."

"What a lovely name for a lovely lady! Lovely enough to make my heart beat ten times fast! Although I don't have a heart!" He bellows out in a joyful laugh and I couldn't help but let out a small one along with him.

"I think Sanji needs to take notes from you," I smile at him as I remind him that Sanji is the blonde cook.

"Oh! Your crewmates are back at the ship to get Zoro, Luffy, and Sanji! The tiny spider zombies brought them there safe and sound though I'm sure there's nothing else left on your ship..."

"I see, thank you Brook!" Before he could go past me I turned around and called out to him, "And where are you going?"

His demeanor seemed to shift at the question as he looked in the direction he was headed with uneasiness, "I'm going to take my shadow back."

An admiring smile possessed my lips as I looked up at the tall skeleton, "You'll get it back, Brook. I know it."

Brook turned to look at me before slowly smiling as well, nodding at me as I seemingly raised his confidence.

"Oh and Brook," I stopped him from leaving again and when he turned to me I spoke with confidence, "It's 'our crewmates' now."

He seemed shocked at the statement before he let out another joyful laugh, "Yohohoho! You really are impeccable, Y/n!" Brook tilted his hat to me before we went our separate ways.

It took a while, but I had finally found my way back to the ship. When I got on deck, it was obvious that we had been ransacked and robbed. There were multiple objects scattered around on the deck and all the room were trashed. After sitting here so long, it seemed to fit right in with the theme of this island—or ship to be more specific.

My first priority was to look for the others though. I assumed since it was so dead silent, Luffy wasn't here and Zoro and Sanji weren't fighting somewhere either. I checked every room and searched the decks until I got to the dining room and saw the three strapped to chairs with chopsticks in their mouth and their skin being pulled by clips.

I couldn't help, but laugh at the sight—specifically Zoro since he was always so serious. I had to take a mental picture before deciding to help them out of it, laying them down on the floor and pushing the chairs aside.

When I tried to wake them up they didn't budge. I sighed heavily as I scratched my head at the predicament I was in. I figured Zoro would be the least likely to wake up since he usually doesn't wake up anyways so I was left with Luffy and Sanji.

I walked over to Luffy as I shook him harder than I was before, "Luffy! Luffy! Wake up!" I sat back in defeat as I stared at his sleeping face for a second before muttering, "Please forgive me." And with that, I punched him as hard as I could in the face, but he still was dead asleep despite the blood dripping out his mouth.

Seeing as I've had no luck with Luffy, I go over to Sanji and sit down next to him. I place my hand on his shoulder and shake him a bit as I call out his name, "Sanji. Sanji!" I sighed once again, laying my head on his chest in exasperation. This time instead of yelling at him, I keep my head on his chest and turn to look at his sleeping face as I speak out softly, "Please just wake up, Sanji. I could really use your help."