Chapter 46: Death Card

I look at the shore of Water 7 that we were slowly drifting farther away from. Luffy talked about how Usopp made his choice and how he hopes to see Usopp on the sea soon. My lips pursed, Usopp cared too much about this crew to leave it, but him having the balls to man up and take accountability is another thing.

He'd come back for sure.

My eyes shift to Zoro's unfazed expression and crossed arms.

But Zoro's right. He can't just have a free pass like that.

"Oi Luffy!" Garp's voice bellows out through a speakerphone from his navy ship, "It's your gramps! It's gramps!" His grin widened when he spotted me, "Oi! Y/n! It's your dad!"

"Huh? You're my aunt?"

I hit Luffy on the head as a vein pops on my forehead before I yell at Garp, "You wish, Old man!"

Luffy pouted slightly as he yelled at Garp as well, "You said you weren't gonna go after us!"

"Yeah...I changed my mind!" Garp shrugged before grinning devilishly, "I'm gonna sink you to the bottom of the ocean now! This isn't an apology but I'm gonna fight your crew all by myself!" He throws a cannonball at our ship and barley misses it making it go in the water and sink to the sea bed, "Meteor Fist!"

"Jesus! That almost hit us!" I leaned over the railing of the ship to watch the cannonball sink down.

Even Sanji was intimidated, "Woah! He fired a canon ball with his hands!"

And Zoro agreed as he unsheathed his swords, "It looked like he was throwing a baseball..."

"We have no choice!" Nami took control of the ship as she started to call out orders, "We gotta get out of here or our new ship will be blown to bits!"

"Full speed ahead! We'll take care of the canons!" Luffy called back to Nami, Chopper, and Robin as the rest of us readied ourselves.

Chopper's shout caught everyone's attention as he perked up, "He's here! Usopp's here!"

"I'm back for you guys!" The long nosed boy's voice could barley be heard as he stood in the crowd of people who had just sent us off.

"Usopp's coming, Luffy! Usopp's coming!"

Luffy ignored Chopper's shouts as he took advantage of his devil fruit to bounce cannonballs back with the help of Robin for support, "Protect the ship!"

Usopp called out to chopper, but it was nothing along the lines of an apology. "Don't tell me you actually believe the joke I said! We're friends so I'll let this little thing go!" His tone held that same false confidence that it always had except now it's a lot more annoying than funny, "Don't worry, I'll settle for being vice captain if that's what you guys want!"

I shook my head with an angry look at his unwillingness to simply take accountability. A scoff escaped my mouth as I listen to him go on and on about how we were the ones who needed to take him back and completely ignoring the part where it was partially his fault.

"Luffy! Usopp's talking to us!" Chopper tried to go to Luffy first, but was brushed off.

"I can't hear anything."

"Zoro!" Then our swordsman.

"Cant hear it!"

"Y/n?!" And as he desperately called out my name I had to bite my tongue to stop myself from saying anything that'll hurt the poor boy's feelings.

Chopper huffed in frustration at the three of us, "You liars! I know you can hear him!"

But we refused to listen to anything Usopp said unless it was an apology. Luckily for him, the next thing he said was exactly what we were looking for.