Chapter 43: Vice Admiral Garp

I laughed at the amount of bumps on Luffy's head. Garp hit him more once he realized he had 'infected me' with his stupidity, giving him a lecture on how we need to stop being pirates and join the navy.

Crashes were heard outside and from the sound of it, Zoro had finally arrived at the scene.

"Oh? That's Luffy's friend. Well you guys, try and stop him!"

My eyes shifted to who he was talking to and I had finally noticed two young boys who were standing behind and watching the scene. They responded to their boss and jumped into the chaos. I titled my head as my eyes follow the pink haired boy more than the blonde one. He had something about him that made me believe he was important, but I couldn't place my finger on it.

When Luffy tried to tell Zoro to stop, the pink haired boy kicked him in the chin and dodged Luffy's next attack using Shave. I crossed my arms, intrigued with the show in front of me as both young marines easily get beat by Zoro and Luffy.

I nodded my head towards them and shot Garp a question glance, "Who are they?"

Garp grinned at me before looking at the two who were at the mercy of my crew mates, "Promising marines. Don't let them know I said that though, it'll get to their heads."

I shook my head with a helpless smile at his tough love way of doing things as I watch him walk over to the four with a belly laugh.

After Luffy and them caught up with each other, Garp tried to order his men to repair the wall he broke, but they told him to help them at least since he was the one who broke it. Now they're placing down wooden planks and covering up the whole.

My eyes catch one of the marines struggling to reach a nail since they were holding up a wooden plank to keep it from falling so I walk over and pick it up for them. They turn to me surprised and I smiled at the softly, "Would you like some help?"

When he looked up at me, his face became more visible. He had caramel skin and freckles scattered around his face along with hazel eyes and light brown hair tucked beneath his hat. The boy smiled at me with an embarrassed chuckle as he took the nail gently from my fingers and shook his head, "Oh no, I couldn't ask a princess for help."

I waved my hand in dismissal and picked up the rest of the nails, "Please, I'm not even a princess anymore, I'm a pirate."

The boy took a break from hammering in the nail and look over his shoulder to shoot me a crooked smile, "And that makes the situation better how?"

I slowly nodded my head with my lips pursed before chuckling a little, "Ah, right. You're a marine."

He nodded with a laugh to match mine before placing the hammer down and dusting his hands on his clothes, "Well anyways, I'm done with my part so it's not like I need help anymore, thank you though."

I placed down the left over nails on the wooden floor before standing up and looking back at him. Sorry, no scratch that, looking up at him. Now that we were both standing it was easy to tell that the height difference between us two was excruciatingly evident, "Y-yeah no problem!" I stumbled on my words a little due to the shock of how tall he actually was as I rubbed my neck bashfully.

When I went to walk away, his voice called out to me, stopping me in my tracks. I turned to look at him with a blank and curious look as I watch him straighten his uniform a little.

"I think we're stationed here for a little, so if Vice Admiral Garp approves of it, would you want to grab something to eat?" He looked at me with a hopeful look, but not a desperate one.

I fully turned my body towards him and smiled with a slightly confused look, "Are you asking me out on a date?"

He shrugged with a fake innocent smile, "Maybe?"