The Elfae Maiden Of The Aos Si

When a little selkie pup is born upon the rocky shore, unlike the human pup who walks the surface world above, the little seal pup isn't given a name until they become an adult at the age of twelve.

Instead, they are given the title of 'Ronan', meaning: Little Seal.

---

Morien sits all alone upon the tallest sand dune covered in a thick layer of tan-colored beach grass. She silently watches the ocean aggressively roll up the beach, and then slowly retreats back out into the unseen depths.

She breathes deep in the briny ocean air that has always made her so happy and content. She left a deep connection to the ocean, and the mysteries that it kept secret.

'There is no nicer place then Copalis!' she giggles, her eyes searching for the nature-spirits that call this place their home.

Ever since she was four years old, she has been gifted with the ability to see and talk to the faeries and spirits that call this place home. Now, thirteen years later, she had become quite adept at using her enchanted bow, targeting the local cattle for practice.

Morien was now learning how to flick her darts by just using her fingers as the bow. It was a skill that her master, Una, had been teaching her; while using cattle as the target.

The darts did not do anything to harm the cows. Instead, the faeries actually use the spirited cows to gather milk to feed their young. All Morien was doing was helping to feed her master's people.

Sea-green eyes skillfully watch human-like piskies flutter around her; the youth playing tag while the elders harvest grains for the winter. Their flapping butterfly-like wings glow with an array of colors that makes Morien smile.

Since the day that she was spirited away by the Wild Hunt upon the strand, her eyes have been opened to the world unseen by human eyes: she was becoming just like one of them.

Focusing upon her extended fingers, she summons a golden glowing dart that hovers just inches away from her pointer finger. Like the shide-folk surrounding her, only she and the faeries can actually see her divine gift.

One of the piskies, a lovely blonde-hair girl with electric blue glowing butterfly wings, lands and sits upon Morien's right shoulder as she watches the girl practice her craft.

"It is so pretty!" the piskie squeaks in a cute girly voice "You are becoming a skilled elfae maiden."

"Thank you!" Morien blushes, flicking her fingers with ease.

She and the piskie watch as the golden bolt of light screams chaotically across the sandy dunes and the windswept strand. It then dives deep into the ocean, nearly an astonishing two thousand feet away.

"Crivvens!" the piskie gasps "You might be better than the faery queen, with your darts!"

"Thirteen years of practice will do that for you!" Morien giggled, tucking her hands upon her lap.

With a rush of howling wind circling all around them, Morien smiles to see that her friends have finally arrived. The piskie faeries, frightened by the whirlwind, swiftly land upon Morien as they all coward in the presence of the sluagh.

Seven phantom foxes then materialize around Morien as the littlest fox that Morien had named Sionna, leaps into her lap as it cuddles with her master. Whenever the sluagh appears, it usually means that her master, Una Oona, has a mission for her.

"Time to go to work?" the brave piskie asks her friend while keeping a close eye on the phantom foxes.

"Afraid so." Morien sighed, knowing that she would have to come up with another excuse about being late tonight. She still hasn't found an easy way to tell her parents that she is now an agent for the faeries.