Chapter Two: Rick Grimes

"Please, just let her go. She's just a kid. You can do whatever you want with me." Elliot begs, hands in the air. Laney looked scared, and Elliot had no clue what to do.

"I think we're going to keep her," Jones smirked, walking backward slightly and pulling Laney with him.

"NO!" Elliot screams, swinging his bat at Jones.

He misses, but he doesn't give up. He keeps swinging the bat until he hits Jones in the leg. The other men with Jones had scattered, and Laney was now on the ground. The bat is taken from Elliot's hands and thrown onto the ground.

"Move, and I kill her," Jones says, pointing his gun at Laney.

Elliot keeps his eyes on Jones, who is now looking at him instead of Laney. "Laney, run!" He shouts before running at Jones.

"Oh, oh, you little shit." Jones chuckled, punching Elliot in the stomach.

Elliot is pushed backward, and he falls against the hood of a car. Jones points the gun at him. "You find her first; you both live. I find her first? She dies."

Elliot doesn't say anything; he starts running in the direction Laney went. He looks behind him to see Jones catching up quickly. Elliot veers off to the right, away from the pharmacy, where he knows Laney most likely returned too. Jones goes left, and Elliot quietly and quickly backtracks. He makes it to the pharmacy doors the same time Jones does.

"You tried to trick me?" He asks Elliot, shoving him against the brick wall.

"No, I just thought she might come back here. It's the first place we checked in this part of town." Elliot lies to Jones just like when he would with his dad.

Jones ignores the kid and opens the door, dragging Elliot with him. He stands in the doorway, looking around, but he doesn't see Laney. Elliot does, though, hiding behind shelves that are only in his line of view.

"Oh sweet, sweet Laney, where are you hiding? I want to play a game with you." Jones sings songs.

Elliot flinches at the words and walks behind him slightly.

Laney was terrified, so she ran until she got to the pharmacy. She knew Elliot would find her here again, but she didn't think he'd bring the man back. She stayed where she was; she couldn't see them and hoped they couldn't see her.

As Jones moves around the store, he doesn't check the low places where a kid would hide, so Laney stays hidden and safe. Elliot, he wasn't safe.

"Where the hell is she?" Jones shouts, shoving Elliot into the shelves.

"I don't know; I only came here because it's the first place we searched." Elliot mumbles, eyes focused on Jones.

In the corner of his eye, he could see Laney moving, and he turned his head slightly, making Jones realize what was happening. He turns around with his gun aimed high and shoots the wall. Laney screams and covers her face.

"Laney!" Elliot screams as Jones goes in her direction.

"Shut the hell up!" Jones screams just as loud. The end of the gun hits Elliot in the head, and then he's on the floor.

Laney watches as Elliot lays still on the floor. He was breathing, of course, but his eyes were closed. He wasn't moving. Laney was scared; her mind returned to when they lived in their house, and Dad would hurt Elliot.

Jones gets to Laney before she can run again, and he's got his arm wrapped around her throat. Every time Laney tried to get away, he pushed his arm against her throat more. It was getting hard to breathe.