60. You've Got Time

This was far from the best way to establish a relationship with his father-in-law, but Giorno couldn't imagine a much warmer reception from Jotaro under any circumstances. He hoped the news of Jolyne would help mend their strained relationship. Jotaro had immediately agreed to come over when Giorno informed him over the phone about their lead on her disappearance. Giorno didn't even care too deeply about Jotaro's opinion, but the Speedwagon Foundation's resources would be immensely beneficial.

"You should eat something while you wait. I know you probably don't have much of an appetite, but it's better to have a little sustenance than to run out of energy all at once," Bruno said admonishingly when he came by to check up on him in his office. "I'm sure you didn't have a proper meal in Naples either."

Reluctantly, Giorno began eating because he recognized the truth in Bruno's words. He hadn't slept either, but that was something he couldn't afford to do, so eating a bit was the least he could do.

He was a disheveled mess and acutely aware of his current state. However, more pressing matters occupied his thoughts—rescuing his wife and ostensibly reducing the count of his siblings on this earth and, far less significantly, the number of priests.

He had barely finished his meal when he received word that they had visitors. In the unlikely event that Jotaro Kujo beat him up, Giorno would allow himself to heal his own wounds. He needed to be fully intact to face the important tasks ahead.

Jotaro was accompanied by Josuke and Rohan. If Giorno considered them with cold detachment, they would be a rather formidable assembly capable of terrible things. Fortunately, he was not their adversary.

Giorno gestured for them to take the seats before his desk, and they complied. However, Jotaro seemed restless, barely able to remain seated.

"What's the information you have, Giovanna?" Jotaro inquired immediately. He didn't need to ask for evidence of Jolyne's well-being; a father's instinct had told him she was still alive. "Who's responsible for this?"

"It's Father Enrico Pucci, formerly a priest at Green Dolphin Street Prison and one of my father's old friends," Giorno replied, his voice carrying a hint of disdain. "The very one who orchestrated Jolyne's incarceration to lure you in, Dr. Kujo. Allegedly, he wants Jolyne's help in eliminating Donatello and has taken Signora Marena as leverage against her."

Josuke gripped the table and leaned in, his concern palpable. "Hold up, if the priest has taken Jolyne to Donatello, doesn't that mean she's in immediate danger?"

He didn't have to elaborate on what kind of danger. Jotaro appeared visibly distressed.

Giorno's jaw slightly tensed, having avoided thinking of this outcome. On top of everything else, they couldn't forget about the matter of Jolyne's virginity, or lack thereof. Donatello might not take kindly to the revelation, and it would be far worse if he found out about her pregnancy.

"While the priest's hidden agenda is certainly suspicious, it stands to reason that he must have been truthful about requiring Jolyne's cooperation," Giorno asserted. "Otherwise, there would have been no need to convince her to follow him willingly. Therefore, for the time being, we can trust that he will safeguard her from Donatello, but we must act swiftly."

"I wouldn't underestimate Jolyne either," Rohan added. "Since she chose to follow Pucci, she likely knew what she was getting into. That girl probably has a few tricks of her own."

They had all seemingly forgotten in their anxiousness that Jolyne was also a powerful and resourceful Stand user. Jotaro, in particular, did not underestimate her but had trouble remembering that his daughter was no longer a child.