Untitled Part 4

"Rip" 18-30

"Rip" unlike Marylou stuck to his chosen path and by the age of twenty three he was an official Doctor of Agriculture with a lifestyle that took him to all of the Earth's third world Countries. His remit was education in the form of the growing of sustainable crops. Working for the American Government he was granted a substantial budget, albeit that the Countries in question had materials that benefited the American way of life. For eight years 40% of his life was spent in the air flying between these remote destinations. Every now and then he was allowed a four week break which he almost always spent in Los Angeles, and it was during one of these stopovers that something very unusual happened. 
Marylou had made many friends during her now five constant years in Los Angeles. One of whom was preparing to be married and a party of twelve very up for a good time friends were heading for their favourite haunt, Bar One in the trendy part of the City. For six hours they had drank cocktails, danced until their legs hurt, and flirted with every available man in the room. As Marylou sat exhausted at a table with the bride to be Agatha she saw something across the room that made her rub and re-rub her eyes. It was a beautiful woman who looked just like an older version of Brian, AKA, "Rip" For a few moments she just stared. She was at a table all alone. Marylou took out her phone and raised a picture of "Rip" at the age of seventeen and tapped in what he would look like at thirty. Although knowing that this would be less than accurate when the profile arrived it was close enough to make her walk over and sit behind the lookalike beauty. For a short time trying to convince herself that it was just the alcohol she just stared at the rear of the large head in front of her. And the with a leap of faith, "You have not paid maintenance for your son Conor for the past twelve years, "Rip" There was an awkward silence, and as she made to walk away a voice said, "Would you have liked my son to see me like this Marylou? "My God it is you" she said, "What is going on? The man/woman turned around. "This is why I stopped writing Marylou" it said in a very female voice. "By the age of twenty I had realised something that I had felt for a long time. That my body was that of a woman. This is why I never pursued you when we were young, but now I am at peace with myself and have adopted the name Rebecca. I hope you are not too shocked? Obviously it is a bit of a shock" answered Marylou, "But live and let live is what I say. Where I work there are Lesbian women and gay men and to be honest with you, no one really cares" "Let me explain" said "Rip" "I am not a gay man I just prefer to identify as a woman" And just as he finished his explanation another man/woman came to the table, followed by another and then two more. "Come on Brian" said the first to arrive. "And please introduce me to your friend, you've kept this one a secret" Marylou, now a little confused turned to "Rip" "It was just a bit of fun" he said, now in a manly voice, "You see we are on a Batchelor Party. My friend Devon just there" and he pointed to the larger of the four men/women, "Is marrying Agatha over there, a week on Saturday, and I am the best man, and I am most definitely a man. But we need to catch up here is my number" and he pulled one of his business cards from his oversized hand bag. "Give me a ring" he said. Marylou realizing the now situation answered, "Oh, I am more than sure we will meet again "Rip" you can count on it"