review #65.S3: Touch In The Night

Touch In The Night

Author: MerlinRomance
Reviewer: -sylver

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
SYNOPSIS

In the shadows of her seemingly perfect life, Clarice, a talented graphic designer, yearns for something more than the pleasant facade she presents to the world. Bound by societal expectations and a promising but suffocating relationship, she seeks solace in the forbidden realms of dark romance novels. Little does she know that the arrival of her enigmatic new neighbor will unravel the delicate balance she's carefully maintained. Her new neighbor is mysterious, dark, and dangerous. Forbidden love consumes her and the whole planet seems against it. They're not destined to be, but there's no turning back from the world of injustice and sin Clarice is about to enter.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

1. TITLE

Review: It relates to the story in the erotica sense. Clarice touching herself at night hoping Mr. Mysterious is watching her. Other than that I'm not really getting a sense for the title but I do think it's a good title.

2. COVER

Review: From the chapters I've read I don't see how the image on the cover correlates to the story other than maybe the ghost of Braxton is real. Your story isn't really giving off fantasy vibes. Clarice may have an active imagination but right now it just feels like a dark romance. When I first saw the cover I thought I was going to read a fantasy story. If it was a fantasy story I think the cover would be fine. But I don't think it's going down that route so your cover isn't fitting. It is an eye-catching cover, just doesn't bring your story out.

3. SUMMARY

Review: I like the summary. It was nicely written and is exactly what I read in the first ten chapters. A girl whose family supposedly wants her to be a perfect girl and save herself for marriage. Something she doesn't want to do. The trigger warning is so valid.

4. PLOT

Review: Weird that Ellie expects Owen to ask Clarice to get married when it's only been one year. I feel like relationships should be longer than a year, especially in the case where you have only known each other for a year and not prior to dating. Because then what if you marry someone you end up despising?

Even though Christina may have been kidding, it's giving toxic behavior when people pressure you to lose your virginity. Also seems like they don't take into account that Owen probably just really wants to wait. What if it's a Christian thing? She's supposedly brought up in a Christian family so she should understand.

Ethernal Night is a cool name for a nightclub. I know it's the twentieth century but I think it's odd when people in a relationship are texting on Instagram and not on the message app. The end of chapter one had me thinking the neighbor is a pervert because why are you by the window? But I'll let it slide this one time cause some people just happen to randomly stare out the window sometimes.

I found the beginning of chapter two interesting. Interesting that organized crime and their concerns are well known. Giving the ideology that the city's controlled by people in gangs almost. Clarice is funny about developing a crush on her lead male character. I'm sure some authors could relate. Mysterious guy seems rude. I don't see why she's instantly fascinated by him. At least it took Adeline in Haunting Adeline a while to like her stalker. Don't see why she's willingly stripping for her neighbor but I don't think she's a horrible character. Personally I think she needs a better reason to not want Owen than just because Mr. Mysterious' voice is good. I wouldn't tell my friends either about what she's doing. Doesn't seem sharable. I do hate when cheaters don't take accountability though. You can't cheat and then not expect people to judge you.