review #60.S3: Agent 007

Title: Agent 007

Author: Youngforever_07
Reviewer: -sylver

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
SYNOPSIS

𝘕𝘰𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘴 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗵𝗲𝗿. 𝘚𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘢 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧.

Jessica Kennedy, armed with a new identity, embarks on a mission to dismantle the criminal empire with a trusted partner in tow.

Jessica completes her mission successfully, but becomes enigmatic to her beloved, who reciprocates her feelings. She discloses her true identity and declares that her family has undertaken a task in collaboration with the family of her significant other.

Jessica has found happiness with her lover and child, but her tranquility ends with a revelation shaking her to the core. Someone she had never suspected has been manipulating the course of her life, and Jessica is now caught in a master plan not of her own making.

What is the mission Jessica meant?

What is her real identity?

Who is the master planner?

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

1. TITLE

Review: Agent 007 is unique, I like it. Don't see too many titles similar to it. It references the story nicely and shines light to the main character as they're known as Agent 007 in their agency.

2. COVER

Review: The color palette for the cover is very pretty. It honestly reminds me of a movie cover. The only thing I'm not particularly fond of is the subtitles, kind of. It says "I'm not in danger, I'm the danger." What sets me off is that you capitalized the second danger I believe and it just looks weird. Other than that the cover is nice and visually pleasing. It fits the story's genre.

3. BLURB

Review: At the start of the summary you had my attention and then lost me with the second paragraph. The last sentence in the second paragraph is very thrown together. I'm wondering what "family" is being mentioned in the first part of the sentence when hers is dead as Ryan can't be her actual brother, especially since he seems to hold attraction towards Jessica... Mentioning a significant other is kind of revealing the plot of the story when at the beginning Jessica was curving Ryan because she thought it was inappropriate to have a relationship with him. The last part would be the reason why I wouldn't check the story out. It's like a movie trailer that shows the whole plot. In the beginning of the story Jessica doesn't have a child and then I read the blurb and see that she does and I'm just dumbfounded. Your blurb shouldn't over reveal plot details. It should introduce the main character, the setting, a mini portion of the plot and some of its stakes. You did the hook quite nicely but everything else could be touched up on so readers can get a sense of what the story's about overall.

4. PLOT

Review: Your story's very fast paced. I love fast paced stories but yours is fast in a way where I'd like it to slow down a bit.

First chapter already raised red flags for me. How do you date someone for two months and don't know their name? That should've been elaborated on slightly. The lack of imagery details makes the arrest of Arnold aka Sean Smith very sudden. Also you would think a serial killer would be smarter to not reveal his identity just because someone asks. Hannibal Lector would be ashamed of Sean Smith. Will Graham figured out Hannibal killed people and no one believed Will because there was no evidence that Hannibal was a killer. I'm sure the same could've been said for Sean Smith if he didn't voice confess.