#9

"So why not raise the stakes?"

AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX

"You came sis"

"I sure did" My voice echoed the room.

I didn't expect myself to come today. But i thought that if i didn't, Charles would think i'm still avoiding him or something. I also feel bad for Asher. I haven't came to a grand prix for a while.

"DEANNEEE"

The voice of my bestest friend spoke, "NORRISSS"

"Oh my god i missed you, we finally meet again" He said to me. He hugged me after. "Sorry i couldn't come in the other previous races, but i'm here now aren't i" I told him.

In the past years, me and Lando have been getting closer and closer. We always updated each other's life but we don't meet that often. Last year, i gave the courage to myself and told Lando about the Charles incident. He was being super supportive.

"Hey? am i interrupting?" The voice asked.

I let go of the hug, "Hi Charles, did you get home safe last time?"

"Yes i did i'm here now aren't i? did you sleep well?" I nodded.

"Uhh, what did you guys do?" Lando asked.

"He gave me a ride" I said pointing to Charles. Lando suddenly laughed. "I'm sorry, since when did you?" I was confused then i think about it and i realized.

"Norris, clean your mind. He drove me around the city" I said.

"Lando will always be Lando" Charles said while chuckling. Then he looked at me. "Glad you came" He smiled. Shit it's like last time all over again.

"Of course"

~

The excited screams from the crowd was heard when the red lights turned green.

The car on pole position, Oscar Piastri. Started well, still leading on the first corner. "Come on Avery, your brother is on the front grid cheer him on" Mom encouraged me. "Woo, Asher go" My mom looked at me in disbelief.

After the 4th turn, Charles on the second row passed Max ahead of him. The crowd cheered in excitement. I was pretty excited too, this will be a fun race.

2 hours later, the car in the lead finally crossed the finish line. "Charles Leclerc wins the 2027 Australian grand prix!" The announcer shouted.

"Congratulations for 2nd place in our hometown" I congratulated my brother after he got out of the car. "Charles was way too fast today, he got the fastest lap and even fastest pit stop of the day" He replied to me.

I went to the place where drivers get their post race interviews. I saw that Charles finished his interview so i went to him. "Congratulations"

"Thanks Ve, sorry i took the home race win from your brother"

"He tried his best" I told him. I saw that he was gonna say something but he's hesitant. "Avery, wanna grab something to eat later night after i finished work?" He asked me. I was surprised, but i couldn't say no. He won the race after all.

"Of course, do you need a restaurant recommendation?"

"Go on and pick one, lead the way Ms. Melbourne" He said with a chuckle. "See you later then" I smiled at him and left to Red Bull. I saw Asher and the team taking a picture for Asher's P1. Max got P7 today so that was a surprise.

"Hey, i'll be going out later night. Will you celebrate your P2?"

"I won't, so go ahead" He told me.

I went back home and got ready. Did my makeup, my hair, and i found a simple dress to wear.

 Did my makeup, my hair, and i found a simple dress to wear

I hope i looked good. After some time, he arrived to pick me up. "Hey Ms Melbourne, your driver arrived"

"I just got deja vu" He chuckled from my words. "Yeah that day, when i picked up the one and only daugther of the Deanne family"

The ride to the restaurant i picked was really comfortable, we talked a lot and had a lot of topics to talk about. We arrived and ate while talking a lot.

We went to a beach afterwards, "Come on Ve, let's sit down" He proceed to sit on the sand. I followed him. "Did you know that there are more than 100 billion stars in the sky?" He suddenly asked me. "Well no i don't, i'm not a big fan of astronomy"

"The many stars in the milky way is like us. There are so many people in the world, but none of us think the same or feel the same. Anything could happen too, no one knows. Like you and me, we have a 10 years gap of age but we can get along well. Just like the stars, they are all different and it also appeared differently. Seeing the stars now feels like reflecting on the world. We all shine differently in our own ways. Just like you and i, you shine on stage and i shine on the car." His speech ended. I looked at him, his words were right.

"The feelings we hold is like the spark on the stars, the never ending thoughts that will always be with us" I talked. "Thought you weren't into astronomy" He said.

"I like to talk about the connection with real life, it's fascinating" I spoke.

"Have you ever feel like your feelings are invalid?" He said and i nodded. "Well it's not" He looked at me and we stared at each other. "Why?"

"Because everything needs time to process, you may feel like your feelings are invalid sometimes. It may be that you're just unable to process it. Sometimes our emotion aren't always true, but it's always valid" He suddenly explained to me. "It feels like a therapy session, but thank you though Charles" I smiled at him. He gave me a small smile. "It feels good talking about things like this to someone."

"Then you can talk to me about things like this more, i'm open" He said. We laughed together. "Thanks for not leaving me again Ve" He thanked me.

"I'll tell you about it when i'm ready, i promise"

~

I'm really sorry for the late post, this part should've been uploaded last week but i got busy and don't have the time to continue. Thank you for the reads! I appreciate it. I'll try to update faster.