#5

"Electricity surgin' in the air"

I arrived at my hotel and cleaned myself up. I jumped to my bed and called my best friend. Rebecca. "Hello?"

"Becca, hi i missed you" I remarked

"Hey A, so whats up with that rumor?" Becca immediately asked. "Right i didn't get to tell you sorry B"

"It's okay A, you wanna tell me all about it?"

I told Becca all about Charles, the rumor, what happened with Alexandra and the thing with me and Charles.

"Wow, that was a weird weekend for you"

"Yeah, imagine being in my shoes"

"Okay so i'm glad that the thing with Charles and Alexandra, the whole rumor thing is done. But let's talk about you and the Charles Leclerc now, care to tell me A?"

"I don't know B, i'm confused. I don't know what to feel"

"What do you mean you don't know what to feel Avery Clei Deanne. You feel what you want to feel, don't let anything make you not want to feel. Your feelings are not invalid A. I love you Avery, please tell me anything, i'm not gonna judge you" Becca commented

She's right, she's my best friend and i know i can tell her anything. "You're right B, thanks for that i've been feeling weird lately. Well i'm scared that i might develop a bigger crush on Charles in the future" I blurted.

"Wait, so you have a crush on Charles?"

"Well yes B, just look at him. He's being super nice to me and i find myself looking at him everytime. But..."

"But..?"

"Well i'm trying to be distant with him after seeing him and Alexandra kiss. I thought about it. I thought that this is just a silly crush and i have zero chance with him anyway. So i'm trying not to fall deeper for who he is by trying to be distant" I truthfully say.

"Avery, your feelings are valid. It's not like you can control how you feel. But, do anything you want. It's your life and your feelings after all. I just want you to be happy that's all" Becca shared.

"Thank you so much B, i'll see you back at home. I miss you" I ended the call.

~

"Avery" Charles called out to me. "Hi, before the race i need to get this out of my head and ask you Ve. Was Alexandra being harsh on you last time?"

"She kinda did, but don't worry about it she's probably just jealous" I answer bluntly

"I'm sorry about that, she's not usually like that"

"No worries, how do you know about that anyways?" I asked

"One of the ferrari crew saw the scene and told me about it"

"I see, okay good luck with the race then. You should go" I spoke

"Oh, right see you" He uttered

I think i was way to obvious about being distant with him. He's just a friend. He's just a friend. He's just a friend. He's just a friend. He's just a friend. I need to remind myself that. I looked around the paddock and found Lando.