My dear assistant - D. Danforth

✮✮✮

𝐌𝐘 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓

𝐌𝐘 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓

It was a brillant day. The rays of the sun shone through the window of Derek's office. He sat on his chair, glancing at the door in annoyance. "Where is she? She's late." He mumbled under his breath, his gaze now focusing on his computer.

Right after he had spoken those words, I knocked, then stepped into the room swiftly. "I apologize for being late, I ran into some traffic. What would you like to check out first today, mister Danforth?" I bowed as a sign of respect, then proceeded to take a seat next to him, opening my tablet.

"Let's proceed like usual, tell me about this week's schedule." I could faintly hear him clearing his throat. He restrained himself from making a comment about me being late. "And you're also my personal assistant, just call me Derek." He added, adverting my eyes. I nodded and gave him a sweet smile before scrolling through the schedule.

"What a busy schedule you have this week." I comment, my eyes widening at the numbers of stuff and meeting he has. "Really?" His voice sounded irritated, as he peeked at my tablet. "Shit, that's going to be really exhausting." He exclaimed in frustration.

"I'm always here if you need my assistance!" I respond rapidly in attempt to soothe his nerves. "I know. I'm really happy you're here." And for a split seconds, he flashed me a smile, which was something I've never witnessed coming across his facial features before.

I froze in place, my gaze absorbed by his. It lasted a few seconds, and I swear I wasn't hallucinating him bringing his face closer to mine. My heartbeat was so intense I thought my heart would burst out of my chest at any moment.

Time has stopped around us and when I came back to my senses, his gaze was endearing and focused on my lips. He was mere inches away, a small gap between us. "Derek." I tried to mutter, but it came out like I was out of breath.

I watched his expression softening at how strong the effects he had on me over such a simple gesture made me react. I couldn't advert his eyes when he delicately held my chin with the tip of his fingers.

"Now that I can see you from up close, you're quite beautiful, I can't lie." He blurted out, lifting my chin slowly to scan my features. A smirk made his way to his face as he let go of me.

"Oh, really?" I chuckled nervously as I tried to keep my composure, but it was extremely difficult. Just by being close, it made my heart melt and my body tremble in excitement.

"Mhm, really. You know, I've always found you pretty, maybe we could..." his voice trailed, as he slid his hand to my waist, gently holding me. I've understood what he meant and honestly, i might've started to love him after working by his side for so many years. I gave him a quick nod, followed by a soft smile.