"he's talking about negotiating something." Pope told them, "renegotiating."

Bambi thought about all the things they could be renegotiating about. what did they negotiate about in the first place?

Pope's eyes widened, the biggest news coming to them yet, "Gavins got the gun that Rafe used to kill Peterkin, he's got it."

both Bambi and JJ sat forward slightly, Bambi leaned her arms against JJ's leg, biting the top of her lip, "that could be how we clear JB's name."

"holy shit." Kiara breathed out, trying to focus on her driving and the big news.

"i think he's trying to use it as extortion, as leverage." Pope guessed.

the car went quiet as Pope listened into the Airpods, they found out some big news, and now they just had to figure out how to deal with it.

his car began pulling over, the man inside panicking, "wait, he's pulling over. do i pull behind him? what do i do?"

"go around the block." JJ spun his finger around, Pope nodding his head and agreeing.

Kiara drove past the car, turning into the next road she could, "we're gonna lose him."

"i can't hear anything. shit. i'm losing the signal. i can't hear him." Pope began panicking as Kiara drove further away from Gavin.

ironically, Kiara had managed to pull into a road that was closed. the bright orange reflective light shone in front of them.

"what is this?" JJ rhetorically asked, it was just them that had to pull into a road that was closed on the most important mission in the world.

"stop." Bambi told Kiara, flapping in her seat as the panic began to set in, "turn around, we can't get through this way."

"pull in here and just back up," JJ instructed, Kiara doing exactly as she was told.

as the car stopped and began to reverse, a man walked behind in, signalling to a truck to follow him. Bambi jumped out of the car, JJ following.

"hey, what the fuck!" Bambi shouted, spreading her arms, "can you not see us here?"

"we were about to back up!" JJ told the man who had no interest in him.

Pope got out of the car but instead of walking beside them to try and tell the truck to move, he began running, "Pope, where are you going?"

"we gotta know where they're meeting!" Pope shouted back, not turning to look at them as he carried on his sprint.

"we're going after him right?" JJ turned to Bambi who ran a hand over her face.

"you know it!" she nodded, opening Kiara's door before starting her own sprint in the same direction as Pope.

"you can't leave that car there!" the worker shouted, watching as they all ran.

"sorry!" Kiara shouted back but still did nothing to move it, deciding to follow her friends.

"we'll get it back later!" JJ told him, keeping his eyes on Bambi who was running as fast as she could not far in front of him.

the pogues followed Pope through a garden, the lights turning on as they detected motion. no matter what, Pope wasn't stopping.

"Pope!" Bambi breathed out, keeping her pace as well as trying to keep her breath.

Pope jumped over a green storage bin, running into another garden that was filled with Pope from their school in the pool.

"hey, Pope!" one of the girls shouted to the boy, recognising him immediately.

"hey!" Pope turned around to look at her but since he was running and not looking where he was going, he fell over the swing set.