─ chapter eight ; the signet ring

***                                      

***

SOLARIS
January 23rd, 2024
Charleston, SC

I was so warm.

Unconsciously snuggling closer to the warm furnace-like body, my eyes wouldn't open. I didn't want them to open. I was too comfortable to move or wake up.

I wanted to stay here forever and ever.

The events of today came back to me, slowly, as the voices that were background noise, became clearer. I could barely withhold the little grin that came over my lips, inhaling Chairman Jeon's scent. My face was pressed snugly against his pec, and this time, the chairman was leaning back against the sofa while I was sleeping soundly on his lap.

I had no idea how long Arilie and Theo had been back, but it must have been for a while since the delectable aroma of food was very potent inside the private room. I released a sleepy noise from the back of my throat from feeling the Chairman grip my leg in his large hands to keep me settled.

"Is this a good time to wake her now?" I heard him say, voice low and quiet to my ears.

"It would be best," Arilie told him softly from a ways away, "She needs to eat something to settle her stomach."

"I'm up, Miss. Arilie." I mumbled yawning against Chairman Jeon's suit jacket. My cheek was pressed on the chains around his neck, and I had no doubt that I would have the pattern on his necklaces on my cheek.

Chairman Jeon tensed slightly underneath me, before relaxing when my cheek snuggled closer.

"Wonderful!" Theo spouted out, "Let's get your tiny tummy fed, okay?"

My eyes fluttered open sleepily and without moving, I found Arilie and Theo sitting side by side on the opposite end of the couch, watching me happily.

I grinned back at them and wiggled my toes, "Okay!" a tiny giggle burst from my lips as I crawled off Chairman Jeon's lap and stretched my arms above my head.

"Thanks for letting me sleep on your lap, Mister! You're really warm and comfy!" I giggled brightly, plopping my bottom right beside the Chairman's big body, deciding to sit right beside him. He looked down at me with sparkling, gleaming eyes, and finally, smiled gently down at me.

I preened from his gentle affection and attention when his big tattooed hand came up and smoothed the hair from my face while Arilie set a platter on my lap. A cute little gasp left my lips when my eyes looked down at the delicious pasta.

"Yummy!" I squealed happily, poking the garlic bread roll on my plate, mouth already watering. "Thank you, Miss Arilie and Mister Theo!"

Pressed against the Chairman's side as Arilie cooed over me from my other side, my legs moved back and forth lazily as I was handed a fork.