─ chapter seven ; you make the hurt go away

Start from the beginning

"Yes, amore. This is Solaris – my new friend!" he boasted proudly, big hand coming down to pat the top of my head. Theo's words made the women laugh happily and her pouty lips pull back in a wide smile.
"This is my wife, Arilie." Theo introduced with a proud smile as he brought the women to his side with a hand on her waist.

I basked in their affection and praise, not used to it, and giggled. "Oh! Are you the one who's gonna check my head, Miss. Arilie?" I asked, happily, neck craning to get a good look at the both of them.

Arilie and Theo shared a look, before Arilie turned towards me with soft eyes. "Of course, darling! Let's take her to the private room, yes?" she asked her husband, stepping forward to place her hands on my shoulders.
I tensed slightly at her hands before forcing myself to relax.

She wouldn't hurt me.

"Yes." Theo nodded, opening the door. "Come." he said, allowing Arilie to guide me inside. I winced at the loud music once the door shut behind Theo and walked hesitantly inside the club.

Soon, Arilie, Theo, and I stood in front of the private room, and I inwardly hoped I wouldn't get in trouble for being in this room like last time.

The couple ushered me inside the room and closed the door.
Peeking around the room, I relaxed once I found the room empty.
No scary Chairman Jeon in sight.

Darn it! I was so excited to see him!

A pout formed on my lips once I surveyed the room once more and found it empty — save for Arilie, Theo, and me.

"Okay, darling!" Arilie clapped her hands, bringing my attention to her. I looked up at her with big eyes and waited for her instructions.

The women smiled and secured her pretty hair back with a clip, "Just get settled on the sofa and it'll be done soon, okay? And then we can spend time together."

"Okay!" I smiled and bypassed the stage with the silver pole in the middle of it — and once again, I was lost on what it was for beside maybe climbing it for fun.

Setting my bag beside me, a grunt left my lips when I hopped up on the couch and wiggled my bottom until my back touched the cushion behind me.

"May I take my shoes off, Miss. Arilie? I don't want to spread dirt anywhere." I asked politely, twiddling my thumbs.

Arilie laughed sweetly and squeezed her smiling husband's bicep and came forward, taking off her own shoes.

"Of course! Do whatever makes you comfortable."

"Thank you!" I wiggled my loose shoes off and set them neatly on the ground before resuming my place on the comfy couch.
My tummy gurgled again, and I giggled out in embarrassment, hoping it wouldn't do it again.

I avoided Theo's amused eyes once Arilie pressed her gentle fingers against my tender head.

***
SOLARIS
January 23rd, 2024
Charleston, SC

THIRTY MINUTES PASSED BY IN A BLUR.

By this time, Miss Arilie had finished her inspection of my head, and even my knees. I was given a small magazine to read over happily as Theo and Arilie talked quietly in a corner.

Laying on my tummy, I cringed as it grumbled again — I was growing hungrier and hungrier as the minutes passed.

Whenever I got home, I should find another apple to eat like I did yesterday.

To my disappointment, Chairman Jeon hadn't come by yet — and by this time, I wondered if he was even here.
I hoped to see his pretty eyes before I had to go home.