Chapter 33 Cadmus Is Gone

Começar do início

When she discovered her situation, alongside her mangled body, she immediately hid as deep as she could to avoid being discovered. In her current state at that time, see was at her most vulnerable.

If she was discovered by the government or the Justice League, only the universe knew what her fate would be like. So until she fully recovered, she decided to hide herself. Now her body wasn't at peak state and she was forced to exert herself.

This result was counterproductive.......

At that moment, her eyes suddenly turned white and a feeling of crisis engulfed her.

She immediately activated density shifting as quick as she could, while the space beside her trembled. What came out of nowhere was a fist moving at lightning speed and fully coated with a dark red aura on it.

Luckily, it passed right through her body without inflicting any damage whatsoever.

Mericrozz immediately backed away as fast as she could, with speed a human could never keep up with.

Pushing both hands forward, her telekinesis rushed out in an attempt to smash the opponent far away. The walls and floor were destroyed in the process.

Amari walked forward with unhurried steps as the waves slammed into his being, but didn't succeed in slightly halting his movement.

All the energy was absorbed like a dried out sponge thirsty for a drop of water.

“Your telekinesis isn't my match, even in its heyday”. The coldness emanating from his voice was followed up by the release of the same pitch-black flame.

The black fires instantly emerged from the void and flooded the hallway. Seeing the approaching flames, Mericrozz felt the deep, thick engulfment of death.

The black fire engulfed the entire hall with its flames, but the Martian was nowhere to be found.

Amari stared at the burning hallway indifferently, not at all concerned about his escaping target. Why would he be concerned when the target was planning on initiating a sneak attack right behind him?

Lo and behold, he was right. The White Martian suddenly appeared from the floor behind him. The red eyes on her white face gave off a red glow.

Amari turned around in time to receive a full head on attack of Martian Vision. Two thick rays of heat slammed into his chest with a temperature degree capable of rivaling Superman's.

“Martian Vision? One of the lesser known abilities of Martians”. Amari stated plainly, looking not the least bit affected by the blazing lasers constantly blasting at his chest.

“Kamui”. With the activation of his ability, a strong suction force appeared in the surroundings.

Mericrozz immediately felt the absurdly strong pull that latched onto her right arm. Before she could properly react, her arm twisted and was instantly ripped off from the shoulder.

Squelch!

Blood splattered all over the place and rushed out of the torn off shoulder like a broken water tap.

“Creech!!!” A painful, inhumane wail that couldn't possibly be human resounded in the hallway. The severe pain made the Martian fall from the air with a thud.

Too bad, Amari wasn't considerate enough to let her finish her wail of agony.

His figure appeared in front of her in less than a second and grabbed her by the throat.

The wailing stopped as the Martian felt the strong grip on her neck.

“Not just any Martian can use Martian Vision. Even in the face of fire, you didn't freeze up as easily as other Martians would have”. Amari continued to speak with a face that screamed, I don't care about anything.