chapter 22: surprises oh surprises

Start from the beginning

Oh Vincent, Vincent, Vincent.

"What brings you to my office, princess?" He asks in a more calmer tone than before. Does he think he can call me that after what happened earlier? What a douche. "It's actually what happened earlier that I'm here to talk about." I reply coldly not diving into his whole softy approach.

"How so?" He begins.

"If this is about earlier, I am sorry. I truly am. I don't know what happened but I can assure you that it will never happen again. If you want medical attention please tell me and I can get your wrists check out." I look down at my wrists. My right one was more bruised than my left but I was used to it.

"It's not about that." I reply with a frosty tone.

"About the pier?" He questions with a puzzled look. I nod to show my decision. He sighs loudly. "Look princess, if I knew he was going to be there I wouldn't have brought you there at all. It was just mere coincidence." He talks to me as if he's debating with a child. I think he knows that I know something isn't right in his story.

I was going to get to the bottom of this, whether he likes it or not.

"He addressed you as his boss, did he not?" I pause for a moment to let him sink it in. "Or is my Portuguese a little rusty? Hm?" I ask with a hint of sarcasm. "He did indeed. That just happened to be a mere inside joke between the two of us." He says whilst looking into my sky blue eyes. It was as if he was trying to see if I believed him or not. His dumb tactic wasn't working very well. He then began again "Nothing you should be too concerned about young lady."

Pfft. Oh please.

"It is my concern as he had a firearm to my back." I reply with a slight smirk whilst I recall the moment on how I cracked his wrist. It truly was such a satisfying noise to hear. "I will give you that but I'm not lying princess. Are you suspecting that I'm not telling the truth?" He places his hands on the desk clutched together. I could tell I was getting on his nerves.

My plan was working perfectly.

It was as if on queue, that the terrible assassin from earlier, burst open Vincent's oak door. I turned around to see him with ruby red blood streaming down from his head to his chin, where I had hit him earlier. His arm was now in a hospital cast and his face permanently displaced. A perfect example of what happens when you piss me off.

I should add him to my portfolio.

"Fuck." I hear Vincent murmur quietly but loud enough for me to hear his arrogant voice. The assassin then says whisky pointing to his cast "Desculpe pelo atraso, chefe. Eu tive que ser reformulado. (Sorry for the delay, boss. I had to get recasted.)" To Vincent.  I rotate the leather chair and face Vincent again. I could see red forming within his eyes. He knew he fucked up. I give him a subtle but noticeable smirk and exit the room. But not before whispering "Boa sorte. (Good Luck)" Into that wannabe's ear.

The sound of the wooden door slamming shut behind me filled my ears with their own form of satisfaction.

I was on my way back to my room when I heard another masculine voice reapeating my name. I turn around only for my eyes to be met with Adrien's. I have to admit, him and Xavier have been the most welcoming to me so far. They make this house a home, even though some people don't.