chapter 22: surprises oh surprises

Depuis le début

Flashback:

I reminisce in the moment for a few minutes trying to bathe within the heartfelt memories. Life back then was so simple. No work, no pressure, just pure laughs. It was when my overall happiness peaked. I grip onto the picture frame harder, not wanting to let go with a fear that if I do, I'll lose it forever.

It was within that mere moment that the frame was my most prized possession sitting in my office. It always will be, so on and so forth.

Natasha's pov:

I hate this place.

Here I actually thought that today was going great, all until fucking Vincent had to fuck it all up. I could've theoretically dislocated his shoulder within seconds but he was and still is my biological brother. If something were to happen to him, my guardianship would just be passed down to each one of my brothers.

That's too much work for one lady, but not impossible.

I sit on my chair and pull out my work laptop and place it on my desk. I begin to send out a mission for ten of my best warehouse raiders and set up a schedule for next Saturday. We are going to attack the third biggest Brazilian-owned warehouses. Rumour has it that it contains almost 500 thousand sterling pound worth of weapons, mainly guns, nukes and missiles.

Perfect.

We needed supplies urgently due to all the moving to Brazil. It also brings out pleasure in me to steal from the Brazilian mafia. After for happened earlier today, they had it coming. Speaking of today, what the actual fuck? I take a few minutes to piece by piece the scenario in my head again.

It was right under my nose the whole time.

Why did Vincent order that horrible assassin? Vincent treated him as if he himself was the boss. If he was the boss, that means that, IM LIVING IN THE BRAZILIAN MAFIA'S HOUSE? I was so, utterly, fucked. I slow my heavy breathing and I maintain to focus on the current situation. After all, it was just a theory, right?

I was probably just jumping to conclusions too quickly.

Maybe Vincent was actually a professional real estate agent and this was just all due to my overthinking. No, but somethings not right. I feel this unearthly feeling down near my stomach. My gut. My gut is always right. No matter the situation, it has never failed me. Not once. Whatever I was thinking must've been right.

Vincent Morales is the Brazilian Mafia's Don.

I have to get to the bottom of this. I know that curiosity kills the cat but this kitten doesn't give two shits. I shut my laptop close and I bring my body to walk up towards Vincent's office. I could smell the whisky and cologne from outside the oak door. Yikes. I repeatedly knock my fist onto the hard wood for about five times before it's swung open by the man himself. Oh boy, this was going to be fun.

He was in for a real treat.

"Nat what do you need?" He asks softly yet hurriedly. As if he knows that I've caught on. Even his face screams suspicious. I ignore his question and take a seat on one of his cold leather seats. I'll give it to him, the man has taste, but not comfort. I dismiss the frosty setting of his office whilst he makes himself comfortable in his desk chair across from me.