03. 'till the wee afternoon

CHAPTER THREE: 'till the wee afternoon

Theo Arpaia was absolutely famished. Despite Brandi telling him that he'd barely have to do anything. The son of Dionysus realised that running around the forest fending off those from the red team wasn't exactly his forte.

"Tell my momma I love her, please, Chrissie Pooks." The curly haired son of the God of Wine theatrically pleaded, collapsing to the ground. Surrounded by leaves and dirt.

"Don't overreact, Theo. You'll get your rest once we make it past Will's group." Chris scolded the younger demigod.

In the three hours they spent at the forest. Their defences withstood the red team's offense, thanks to Annabeth and the Stoll twin's efforts. While their attacking formation had fallen into disarray.

Chris' group and Theo remained stranded in the middle of their territory. While the Costa twins and Luke's groups had made past a few of their defences but still nowhere near the flag.

Surprisingly, Lee Fletcher emerged as the star of the red team, outshining the usual spotlight on Clarisse. Lee had already taken down several members from Chris and Luke's groups, leaving Clarisse conspicuously absent. This puzzled the girl.

Meanwhile, on the defensive lines of the blue team, the Hermes children, led by Luke, conferred with the daughter of Poseidon who lead the attack. "Clarisse is usually hunting in the woods for the first few hours but apparently no one has spotted her just yet." Brandi told her fellow counsellor. "It's impossible for Clarisse to just 'lay low' so even I don't understand what's happening" the Castellan boy responded.

"Annabeth advised that it's best to move forward. We've made our way further into the red team's territory. Let Charles and his group, along with Theo stay back. You and Eryx should continue on with the attack. The Apollo kids are a pain in the ass. Literally." Luke sheepishly informed the blonde girl. Revealing the arrow firmly lodged in his right butt cheek as she laughed at his misfortune.

"Alright. Tell Annabeth that we'll continue moving forward." Eryx spoke up as both groups dispersed. The twins of Poseidon began running forward with their weapons. Still on guard in case that any enemies might be lurking nearby.